Newest Review: ... going through Heston (ring the hotel and they'll give you details), I also believe that you can get to it via the Eastbound services - chec... more
A cheap place to lay your head
Member Name: Ljg1006
Advantages: Cheap, location
Disadvantages: VERY basic, could do with a refurb
I have stayed at the Travelodge Heston (M4) Westbound twice now and got £9 a night room rates both times. The location is very easy to get to being right off the M4 - if you are coming from the North there is a back way to get in by coming off at junction 3 and going through Heston (ring the hotel and they'll give you details), I also believe that you can get to it via the Eastbound services - check at the petrol station there. I'd stay at the Westbound if you're intending on going to Heathrow and the Eastbound if your're intending on going in to London (for ease of traffic).
I must stress that there is nothing fancy about the travelodge, you get worn looking furniture, tea/coffee facilities and a vending machine in reception - however if you just want a place to lay you're head then I can recommend it.
We (3 of us) arrived at 9pm, got to our room, had a coffee and then went to sleep ready to be up and out for 5 the next morning. We drove to a parking place on bath Road which is easy to get to from the hotel (about 5 minutes at that time in the morning).
If you want somewhere to spend any time in then I wouldn't recommend here and personally I wouldn't pay more than £40 to stay.
I've given it a 3 star based on the facts above for value it would be 4 or 5 stars for 'prettiness' probably only 1 or 2.
Summary: I paid £9 for the night for 3 of us, for that it was a steal.
More reviews in the field of Hotel National
- Comfortable hotel on outskirts of Leeds
- Comfy, Cheap, Central
- Premier Inn Leeds
- A great place to stay before a flight
- Drink Plenty for a Good Night's Sleep!
- The Daily Mail is Right. Prison IS like a Hotel
- Excellent cheap hotel in London
- Over rated, over prices and under staffed. A REAL VIEW OF THIS AVERAGE PUB
- A New Hotel With A Few Issues..
- Premier Inn (Inverness West)
- The Crown Hotel (Langholm)
- Travelodge (Hartlepool)
- Premier Inn (Newcastle Airport)
- Ibis Styles (London Southwark Rose)
- Ashby's Gastropub and Boutique Hotel (Southsea, Hampshire)
- Atholl Palace Hotel (Pitlochry)
- Mercure Bowdon Hotel (Altrincham)
- Newgate Hotel (Newcastle)
- Morar Hotel, (Morar, Inverness)