Newest Review: ... style thing aswell in a family room, tea/coffee making facilities, a clean and basic toilet and shower or shower over bath facilities and... more
Travelodge in general
Member Name: sophie131
Travelodge in general
Advantages: Comfortable, modern, clean.
Disadvantages: Lacks character.
I have stayed in many Travelodge Hotels over the years for many different reasons. Sometimes alone and sometimes with 3 people in the same room. All the times I have been I have found it brilliant!
For what you get the price is good, well it is if you book well in advance. I have paid £19 a night for 4 people to stay in central Norwich before and similarly seen London rooms for the same price (on a Sunday night I seem to remember though).
Everytime the rooms have been clean, warm and a good size. Ok, the hotel has no 'character' but it's designed to be like that so it's easy and simple for them to clean and wash etc.
When you arrive you will find a sheet on your bed telling you how they manage to keep their prices so low (no toiletries, no hairdrier, only washing your towels a certain way etc).
I do think though if you are looking to go somewhere quickly that Travelodge isn't for you as the prices tend to be quite a lot more expensive if you book late (£50 - £60) and you could get somewhere nicer for that.
I have always found the staff to be very knowledgable about the surrounding area and prepared to offer us any help that we may need.
Summary: Comfortable night when you need it!
More reviews in the field of Hotel National
- Not what it used to be
- Cheap, functional and next to a pub, what more could you ask for?
- It's not in Torquay and it's not Fawlty!!!
- Crown & Mitre: Getting There!
- STAY HERE IF YOU ARE CATCHING A FERRY!!
- Not to be confused with tea at the Ritz!
- Premier Inn, Inverness West.
- A great stay at the Holiday Inn, Portsmouth.
- Great short break
- Not Perfect But Not Far Off
- The Greyhound Inn (Ganton Scarborough)
- Premier Inn (Leeds East)
- The Victorian House Hotel (Glasgow)
- Ard-na-Coille (Newtonmore)
- Ashtree House Hotel (Paisley)
- The Star Hotel (Southampton)
- Hotel Express By Holiday Inn Stansted Airport (London)
- Hotel Travelodge Atlantic Wharf (Cardiff)
- Hotel Express by Holiday Inn (Taunton M5, Junction 25)
- The White House B&B Hotel (Christchurch, Dorset)