Newest Review: ... style thing aswell in a family room, tea/coffee making facilities, a clean and basic toilet and shower or shower over bath facilities and... more
You get what you pay for
Travelodge in general
Member Name: melvinium
Travelodge in general
Advantages: Cheap and cheerful
Disadvantages: Basic and lacking pillows and towels
- Where? -
- What was it like? -
Having never stayed in a travelodge before, I often wondered who stayed in these hotels which are usually found next to a main road in the middle of nowhere.
We were attending a wedding, and this was the nearest hotel, so we had booked 3 rooms for my family.
We had booked roughly 3 months in advance, and were hoping to take advantage of the early booking rate of £29 per room, but for some reason our chosen date (a Saturday early September) wasnt available for the cheap rate.
We ended up paying £50 per room.
We were not allowed to check in before 3, so we arrived at roughly 6.30 (after the wedding breakfast).
The lady on the desk gave us our 3 room keys and we were left to fend for ourselves.
We literally had 10 minutes to freshen up in our rooms before heading back to the wedding, so we only had a quick scan.
The room was okay, we had a double bed, larger than some you get in hotels which are just large singles! - the bed was not very well made though, it had a big crumple in the middle which looked like someone had got out of it (I pulled back the duvet to check for hairs! but it all looked clean)
The bathroom was a bit dated and in need of a renovation, but it was okay. Bath with shower, sink and toilet.
With that quick check, we were off back to the wedding.
We arrived back to our rooms about 12am, and were so shattered. I managed to grab the spare pillow, of which there was only 1. By this time we were too tired to care!
In the morning we shared a towel as there was only one provided. I guess it saves on laundry!
All in all, you get what you pay for, £50 for a room with 1 towel, 1 pillow each, with 1 spare; and a wobbly bed!
Summary: Does what it says on the tin!
More reviews in the field of Hotel National
- i cant give it 0!!
- Looking for the splendour of a country hall hotel? Look elsewhere
- A Comfortable Stay
- Cheap and cheerful hotel in great location
- marriot hotel
- I would never stay here again
- Good central hotel in York
- Good base for Scarborough and North Yorkshire !
- Wish we had asked for a cottage with a view!
- 4 stars for a 4 star hotel
- Malmaison (Belfast)
- The Greyhound Inn (Ganton Scarborough)
- Premier Inn (Leeds East)
- The Victorian House Hotel (Glasgow)
- Ard-na-Coille (Newtonmore)
- Barcelo Harrogate Majestic Hotel (Harrogate, North Yorkshire)
- Travel Lodge Dunchurch (Dunchurch, Warwickshire)
- Radisson Blu Waterfront Hotel (St Helier, Jersey)
- Holiday Inn Express (Stevenage)
- Charingworth Manor Hotel (Chipping Campden, Gloucestershire)