Newest Review: ... style thing aswell in a family room, tea/coffee making facilities, a clean and basic toilet and shower or shower over bath facilities and... more
Travelodge: the best on a budget.
Travelodge in general
Member Name: stuntpilotx
Travelodge in general
Advantages: EVERYWHERE. Cheap. Clean.
Disadvantages: Can be hard to find rooms on specific dates at short notice. Expensive bar.
I have stayed in various travelodge hotels across the UK, and despite being a budget chain have never been disappointed. There are Travelodge hotels in all major cities in the UK, and often at Motorway service stations and on various other major routes.
In my experience, the rooms are basic, with a double bed, or two twin beds, and usually a sofa bed for the larger group rooms, a television, wardrobe and a bathroom. Tea and coffee making facilities are also provided which is a godsend after a long journey! The Bathrooms have a toilet, sink and shower (often over a bath). Most hotels have a bar and restaurant too, though these are usually a little pricey and there's often cheaper alternatives nearby.
All of the Travelodge hotels I have visited have always been very clean, and even some of the older hotels are well furnished. Sheets and towels are changed daily. The beds, including the sofa beds are comfortable, and not too small, and plenty of bed linen is provided.
Travelodge offer numerous deals throughout the year, especially for people who book in advance. You can get a room from as little as £9, and often the hotels are as good a quality as some 3 or 4 star hotels you will find.
Summary: Great for a one night stay on the cheap, or a short city break.
More reviews in the field of Hotel National
- All The Way for The Alloway Inn!
- Its a Travelodge; don't expect a Hilton
- An Old Fashioned Joy
- Hotel Du Vin - wonderful!
- The Beatles stayed here! It must be good
- Perfect Location and Cheap!
- Cheap, but not always cheerful...
- Good location - lottery for the quality of the rooms!
- Simple, basic, nice hotel
- One of the better ones.
- Berkeley Court Hotel (Dublin)
- Travelodge (Liverpool, Aigburth)
- Premier Inn (Charing Cross, Glasgow)
- Great Southern Airport Hotel (Cork)
- Hanover International Hotel (Cardiff)
- Alveston Manor Hotel (Stratford)
- Best Western Palace (Isle of Man)
- Hotel Ibis (Elstree, Borehamwood)
- Holiday Inn (Sandy Bedford)
- Westbury Hotel (Dublin)