Newest Review: ... style thing aswell in a family room, tea/coffee making facilities, a clean and basic toilet and shower or shower over bath facilities and... more
Travelodge in general
Member Name: tjr123
Travelodge in general
Advantages: great value
Disadvantages: not always excellent accommadation
I write this review , with experience of staying in approximately 15 travelodges around the country . My first point is the fantastic value they offer , on many occasions I have had a room for just nine pounds (for a family room ) .
I have never experienced any staff there that do not appear to be friendly , and they are always happy to help . I would say the best travelodge hotels I have stayed at include Newcastle Central and Leeds Central . But one of the worst would have to be Sheffield Richmond which needs some work to develop the hotel .
Problems I have experienced include after booking a family room , I did not have enough pillows , sheets or duvets . A family room usually consists of a double bed (shared between me and my wife ) and a sofa bed , where one pulls out from under the other . This was adequate for me , my wife and two children . But if you are a family of 5 or 6 it would not be possible . The good thing about travelodge is that they are pretty much everywhere in the UK and have now started expanding to other countries.
Obviously they will recieve many complaints about the standard of accomadation , but my point is when you pay nine pounds for a family room you are not going to recieve 'the ritz' .
Summary: its a matter of opinion
More reviews in the field of Hotel National
- Ibis Sheffield - the heat is on, no it's off again!
- Park yourself Inn here for a few nights!
- Cheap city centre hotel
- Centre rather than Central
- The future of hotels is here
- Simple, basic, nice hotel
- 4* Hotel for a Family of 3
- 1990's decor - up for a bit of retro?
- A cosy weekend
- Cheap and cheerful, in the heart of Chester
- Barcelo Troon Marine Hotel (Troon)
- The City Hotel (Dunfermline)
- Aston Sheffield Hotel (Sheffield)
- Novotel (Coventry)
- Hetland Hall Hotel (Dumfries)
- Premier Inn Preston West (Preston)
- Premier Inn York North West (York)
- Premier Inn Worcester (Worcester)
- The Cavendish London (London)
- The Westerwood Golf and Spa Hotel (Cumbernauld)