Newest Review: ... style thing aswell in a family room, tea/coffee making facilities, a clean and basic toilet and shower or shower over bath facilities and... more
Value for money
Travelodge in general
Member Name: TomandJerry
Travelodge in general
Advantages: great rates
Disadvantages: plan ahead to get best rates
Lord Forte bought the US Travelodge brand and established it in the UK in 1985. Initially they were called Little Chef Lodge's, as he attached them to many of his Little Chefs, only later rebranding them as Travelodges.
Travelodge is the second largest budget hotel after Premier Inn, and have 380 hotels in Ireland, the UK and Spain. Six and a half million people stayed with them last year, room prices start from £19 per night, the chain employs 5,500 staff, and is owned by Dubai International Capital.
Travelodge is thinking ahead. They plan to be the biggest hotel operator in London by the Olympics in 2012.
If you have never tried Travelodge, you may be in for a nice surprise. Double, disabled-access and family rooms are offered, and all rooms are decorated in a tasteful colour scheme and laid out in a well planned,
co-ordinated way. All are en-suite, with luxury king size beds, basic TV channels and tea/coffee making facilities. Wi-fi internet is available for a charge at most hotels.
Meals are different from hotel to hotel. Many Travelodges now boast a Bar Cafe, serving breakfast, evening meals and drinks. A few are still located beside Little Chefs, others may be close to a pub or family restaurant.
Booking is best made online, where they offer price check, and you can search for one of their special room rates from £19 if booked at least 21 days ahead, or £29 when booked at least 7 days ahead.
Website address is www.travelodge.co.uk
It's not the Ritz, but it is well thought out clean and affordable.
Summary: a good trustworthy basic hotel
More reviews in the field of Hotel National
- Disgusted with this so called leisure group
- Liverpool Ibis
- Look No Further
- Where's The Wifi, Wheres The Playstation
- Don't travel to this lodge
- Up up, we're away! (Hilton Deansgate)
- The only good thing about our time here was that it was only one night.
- To the Manor Born
- Upstairs, Downstairs
- A Good Night Sleep Guaranteed!
- De Vere Orchard Hotel (Nottingham)
- Premier Inn (Gatwick North Terminal)
- Welbeck Hotel (Nottingham)
- Holiday Inn (Baingstoke)
- Tangiers Grange B&B (Haverfordwest)
- Britannia Leeds Bradford Hotel (Leeds)
- Express By Holiday Inn (Luton Airport)
- The Royal Hotel (Tain)
- Best Western Chiswick Palace & Suites (London)
- Travelodge (Leeds Central)