Newest Review: ... when we got there was that there was no parking for the hotel, you have to leave your car in a council run car park on Finsbury Square an... more
cheap, cheerful, and a good night's sleep
Travelodge London City Road
Member Name: tinycourageous
Travelodge London City Road
Advantages: cheap, good location, quiet, comfortable beds
Disadvantages: room not prepared for 3 people
I stayed at this travelodge this weekend with a couple of friends. We booked a family room at a saver rate of £42 - we got this rate booking approximately 3 weeks in advance.
The hotel is situated approximately a five minute walk from Old Street tube station. It is very sleek and modern compared to many travelodges in London.
We arrived at quarter to three, but were not able to check in straight away because travelodges charge extra for early check in (regular check in is from 3pm). However, we were directed to the adjacent cafe by the very polite staff, who then came over to invite us to check in once they were ready.
The room was typical of a travelodge. As a family room it had a double bed and a sofa bed. We had to request bedding to make up the sofa bed - we had to actually request this twice, and we were not given extra towels for the extra person.
The room was clean and well maintained. There was a tv with a variety of channels, a small wardrobe, tea and coffee and a kettle (but only two cups - I feel a family room should have three). The bathroom was clean, had a bath and shower, and a well lit mirror.
The heating was adequate and the room was quiet. Although we overlooked the main road there was little traffic noise so a comfortable night's sleep was had by all.
I have no major gripes with this travelodge, it does what it says on the tin, and is a good place to stay for a very reasonable price. There is room for improvement, for example bedding and towels, but overall it maintains the consistent standard that you would expect from a well known brand like travelodge.
Summary: you know what you're going to get with travelodge, this hotel is a good representative of the brand
More reviews in the field of Hotel National
- Want a cheap and convenient stay in Manchester? You could do worse than try here ...
- Very convenient for central London - and cheap
- Birmingham Central - only if you have to!!!
- Top hotel, excellent restaurant
- Premier Inn - comfortable nights.
- Drink Plenty for a Good Night's Sleep!
- Over rated, over prices and under staffed. A REAL VIEW OF THIS AVERAGE PUB
- A New Hotel With A Few Issues..
- Come fly with me
- Not The Best Of Budget Hotels
- Ibis Styles (London Southwark Rose)
- Royal Trafalgar Hotel
- Crowne Plaza (Birmingham NEC)
- Apex City Quay Hotel (Dundee)
- Novotel (Newcastle Airport)
- The Arden Hotel (Solihull)
- Express By Holiday Inn (Aberdeen)
- Langstone Hotel (Hayling Island)
- Radisson SAS Hotel Manchester Airport (Manchester)
- Dublin Skylon Hotel (Ireland)