Newest Review: ... were some guests there that wern't ver friendly and the rooms were not good at all. Our double room was on the top floor and the paint ... more
Worst stay in life, never had a travelodge like this
Member Name: slenuk83
Advantages: the price 19 quid for the stay
Disadvantages: too many to have on here, but a few>> dirty, smelly, untidy
2 Years ago, me and my partner celebrated our love and went on a cheap honeymoon to manchester. We didnt have a lot of money and wanted somewhere cheap to crash after the 3 hour drive up there. We were going to spend the next 2 days visiting my family and going to the peak district just next to manchester.
However the stay (if you can call it that) was not too be.
After getting there and checking in, all was good (what you expect from travelodge), however there were some guests there that wern't ver friendly and the rooms were not good at all.
Our double room was on the top floor and the paint work was faded, there was dirt on the skirtings, the bathroom was not cleaned properly and there was no toilet paper (great start)
Next thing was our neighbours in the hotel, who were very high on weed as we smelt it. At the start we turned a blind eye and went out to get a chippy for dinner, as nothing beats a northern chippy. When we got back, it seemed that the neighbours had been getting a little restless in the hotel room and were srawled in the corridoor. They then followed us to our room trying to look in.
We at this time were a bit scared so waited for them to get into their room and we went down to complain, however the receptionist at that time didn't really care, and would not do anything about it.
We got back to our room and again we were watched and followed to our room. By this time (1am) we were petrified, so again waited for them to get in the room (obviously for another smoke) and we left, giving the reasons why and spent the night driving back 3 hours.
I thought that if people were smoking in the rooms they would be told to stop or leave or in this case the police rung to get rid of them, but nothing was done. the only good point to this is that Travelodge gave us the money back for that stay after we complained.
I will again stay at a travelodge but never agin even contemplate staying at that one.
I would recomend that people stay at a travelodge near to that one thats not so run down like manchester street oldham or ashton under lyme.
Summary: cant really summerise, read it to believe it
More reviews in the field of Hotel National
- Basic, but good value
- Traditional Country Retreat
- The Place to enjoy Manchester from.
- I was watching cruise ships arrive from the lounge window!
- A lark in the Park!
- Sounds like it should be a wine producer, but a great base for a weekend away.
- Not quite where the hotel I would book for visiting Hampton Court!
- I was disappointed
- Nothing Too Much Trouble!
- Best Premier Inn Ever!
- The Alexander Hotel (Dublin)
- Travelodge (Liverpool, Aigburth)
- Best Western Le Strange Arms Hotel
- Travelodge (Glasgow Central)
- Travelodge (Manchester Central Arena)
- Best Western Palace (Isle of Man)
- Copthorne Newcastle Hotel (Newcastle Upon Tyne)
- Clarion Hotel Stephens Hall (Dublin)
- Travelodge London Kings Cross Royal Scot
- Ramada Jarvis Hotel (Swansea)