Newest Review: ... the room. In the standard double room in addition to the bed you get a table and two chairs, a dressing table, and wardrobe and there st... more
The Vermont Hotel
Date: 10/09/00, updated on 12/06/01 (18 review reads)
Advantages: A professional hotel
Disadvantages: Some rooms are noisy
I recently stayed at the Vermont Hotel in Newcastle. It is a city centre hotel and has views across the river. My room however looked onto the railway line and the church of St Mary's. The standard of the hotel was excellent and the staff were professional and hospitable.
I had an excellent meal in the hotel's restaurant The Blue Room. There is also a more informal and cheaper dining area called The Brasserie.
The one negative aspect was the position of my room which I found to be noisy. Being next to the railway line meant that there was a constant flow of trains throughtout the night and the clock on the church tower struck every 15 minutes. As a result I had a very poor nights sleep
The Vermont is an excellent hotel but choose your room carefully should you stay.
More reviews in the field of Hotel National
- Best Western Glenridding Hotel (Cumbria)
- Charlton House (Somerset)
- Ibis London Wembley Hotel (London)
- Ibis Birmingham Airport Hotel (Birmingham)
- Premier Inn Wolverhampton City Centre (Wolverhampton)
- Premier Inn (Manchester Airport Heald Green)
- Bracondale Guest House (Blackpool)
- Westgate Inn (Winchester)
- Fig Tree Cottage (West Sussex)
- Liverpool Marriott Hotel, City Centre