Newest Review: ... it wasn't in the same place when we returned). For us the car park wasn't too much of a problem as we didn't use the car for the break, how... more
Hilton Hotel..Tower St.York
York Hilton (York)
Member Name: barbara107
York Hilton (York)
Date: 12/10/00, updated on 12/10/00 (198 review reads)
Advantages: Service.Excellent Accomodation
Situated on Tower Street, opposite York Castle, the Hilton Hotel is just as luxurious as it's famous name might suggest.
I was lucky enough to have been booked in there a couple of weeks ago by my company, so the price of things didn't put me off from having a great stay.
From registering to checking out I found the staff extreemly helpful and polite, that includes all the restaurant staff as well.
The room itself was very comfortable although my view, which could have been of York Castle, was very disappointing, as I looked onto the side of some shops.
The room service facilities were excellent, food being available from breakfast time right through to 11pm.
As you would expect in a top hotel the restaurant was exceptionally good, any where that has 5 choices of sausages for breakfast gets my vote. The only thing that i did pass on was the huge bowl of porridge which had a large bottle of Bells whiskey next to it for pouring on!
From York train station it is less than a 10 minute taxi ride, even that was enjoyable as both my drivers were very friendly and were recommending sights for me to see.
More reviews in the field of Hotel National
- Jurys Inn NewcastleGateshead Quays Hotel (Gateshead, Tyne & Wear)
- Travelodge Birmingham Streetly (Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands))
- The Grafton (Harrogate, North Yorkshire)
- Travelodge Central Queen Street (Edinburgh)
- Sundial Venue Barnett Hill (Guildford, Surrey)
- Travelodge Cardiff Bay (Cardiff)
- Balmore Guest House (Edinburgh)
- Erskine Bridge Hotel (Erskine, Scotland)
- Holiday Inn Express London Chingford (London)
- The Bear Hotel (Havant)