Newest Review: ... quite easy, you can just park anywhere along the sea front free of charge though private parking is available if needed at a charge of £2 ... more
Fantastic views with a bath big enough for two!!
Yr Hafod (Aberystwyth)
Member Name: fweeky-kitty
Yr Hafod (Aberystwyth)
Date: 01/05/01, updated on 01/05/01 (283 review reads)
Advantages: Sea View and Friendly Staff
Disadvantages: Can't think of any!
I stayed overnight in this 3 star B&B with my boyfriend in April, and although it rained the room made up for it.
The only disadvatage was that it was up three flights of stairs but the view made it worthwhile. From the window the entire coast can be seen (including the ice-cream hut just 30 feet from the door!) You can clearly see the beautiful harbour and majestic castle of Aberystwyth, with even better views at night.
Situated on the sea front, it is ideal for quick access to the sandy part of the beach, and is only 2 mins from the town centre (which contains well over a dozen pubs/clubs)and 5 mins from the pier.
The room itself was brilliant - a small jar with Celebrations chocolates welcomes you to the room, which includes a teasmaid with a selection of hot beverages (brand names), free welsh spring water, cups, spoons etc to enjoy whilst watching the supplied colour TV.
Also in the drawer of the dresser you will find enough information on the local area to plan a months worth of daytrips, plus local transportation information to allow you to get there.
En-suite is £5 per person extra but more than worth it as a very large clean bathroom with hot flowing water and bubble bath etc is provided, including a very deep bath and a bidet.
provided in the morning is a breakfast of cereal, toast and a fry up (sausage, bacon, egg etc) with hot and cold drinks, served with a sea view.
The staff were warm and friendly and i would definatley return here as the acommodation was quite cheap (£20 a head) and very comfortable.
More reviews in the field of Hotel National
- Lovely, welcoming hotel located in Yorkshire Dales
- Inn-side Information
- Formule 1 - welcome to the cruise!
- Lady Anne's in York - a quaint little hotel
- A nice place to stay before your Gatwick flight
- Modern accommodation in an historic location
- Great location and a great price
- A great little hotel
- Noisy air vent so sleepless night but great facilities
- An excellent place to stay... Already booked to go back
- The Riverside Hotel (Branston, Staffordshire)
- Travelodge Central Princes Street (Edinburgh)
- Premier Inn (Brentwood, Essex)
- The Roseber Hotel (Newcastle-upon-Tyne)
- Premier Inn (Leeds East)
- Hotels in Lothian in general
- Hotels in Orkney in general
- Hotels in Strathclyde in general
- Hotels in Tayside in general
- Hotels in Shetland in general