Product Type: Argos in Homeware
Newest Review: ... from a light wood so really very light which means moving it from one place to another isn't difficult. It also means, however, that dus... more
A little wobbly!
Argos Wooden Wine Rack
Member Name: ladyradley
Argos Wooden Wine Rack
Advantages: it holds 12 bottles, it's light
Disadvantages: very wobbly
I bought this wine rack to use in our caravan as I thought it would be a good idea. Although we do use it it isn't very good and we don't use it to it's full capacity.
My husband bought it from Argos and we thought it would be a good size as it holds 12 bottles so would help to keep them in a practical way.
It's made from a light wood so really very light which means moving it from one place to another isn't difficult. It also means, however, that dusting it is really difficult. It does collect dust and whenever I try to dust it or clean it with a rag the material snags in the wood as it's not a very smooth wood at all and ends up with bits of fluff from the duster/rag instead and just looks a mess.
The bottles fit in fine but the little ledges which they rest on are really narrow and I worry that the wine bottles aren't supported properly. The rack itself seems to be a little bit flimsy, it wobbles a little which would be fine... if it wasn't holding glass bottles full of precious wine! This makes me worry that if we have it with wine in a random fashion it may topple over or if we don't put it in quite right it could easily be knocked over so we have tobe really cautious when using it.
We have laid it so that it's lower, if you see the picture here it's tall and wide, we have turned it 90 degrees so it's short and wide so it's centre of gravity is a bit better and it makes it a bit less wobbly.
It is okay, it's not amazing and I wouldn't want it to be at our home as I'd worry it would get knocked over too easily.
Summary: 2 stars
More reviews in the field of Homeware
- A cheap way to decorate for a party
- Saves on the washing up
- Ideal platters for parties
- Great for everyday use!
- A Classic Pencil.
- cheap and cheerful (only if you mange to get it at half price)
- Rather poor
- Bargain scoop but not what I was looking for
- Pretty cheap little star
- My Christmas rubbish brings a smile to my face thanks to these bin bags!
- B&M Coloured Toilet Brush
- Wilko Sustain Notebook Wirebound
- Wilko Sustain Kraft Notebook Wirebound
- Wilko Wilde Things to Do Mouse Pad
- Stackers Cream Medium Top With Lid
- Moleskine Extra Small 12 Months Daily Diary
- Filofax Personal Large Sticky Notes
- K Two Kitchen Magnetic Notepad
- Tesco Chunky Knit Cushion Red
- Studio Bathroom Accessories Set