Product Type: Lego in Homeware
Newest Review: ... it makes them really excited over something so simple it's very sweet to see. It is an icecube tray made from a soft rubber. There ... more
Pretty ice cubes!
Belville Icecube Tray
Member Name: ladyradley
Belville Icecube Tray
Advantages: very practical and novel, easy to use
My husband came home a with this ice cube tray. I thought it looked a bit funny but actually it's great!
He said it would be fun for the grandchildren to have interesting shaped ice cubes and so we made them up, put them in the fridge and used them. Of course the grandchildren do love them! They love that they are in different shapes, it makes them really excited over something so simple it's very sweet to see.
It is an icecube tray made from a soft rubber. There are four heart shape moulds and six butterfly moulds. It's very easy to use you just fill them with water and put them in the freezer. You have to make sure that they are sitting flat so that they set properly and don't spill.
I usually leave them in for over night so a good twelve hours to make sure that they have turned into ice properly.
To take them out it's really easy! You just turn it upside down and press the back of them, it kind of goes inside out which then pushes the ice out. It is so much easier than ice cube bags or the robust, rigid trays.
The shapes work too! You can definitely see what they are. It's easy to wash out afterwards too and then refill.
We sometimes make them with bits of juice in too so we have pink butterflies and hearts, this adds to the excitement even more! My grandchildren love these and have helped us to make them too so they are understanding how water turns to ice, I never thought it would turn into a science lesson!
I really think these are great, I can't go back to the rigid trays now, these are much more practical as well as being novel.
Summary: 5 stars
More reviews in the field of Homeware
- Basic, Practical & Essential!
- Great balloons but they do stink !
- Bryant May Extra long matches -ideal way to get a pile of candles lit in one go!
- A diary with plenty to keep you organised!
- Once you pop can you stop?
- Bring the garden inside
- Great for fruit or baby food.
- My rooms smell deliciously sweet and rich thanks to this!
- Hide your dirty washing.....in something else
- 1 ply? Seriously?
- Air Wick Fresh 'n' Up Green Apple & Honeysuckle
- DNC Rachael Hale Charlie Lunch Bag
- Jelly Belly Air Freshener
- Argos Value Cotton Ironing Board Cover
- K Two Kitchen Magnetic Notepad
- Unistar Aqua Globes
- Tesco Chunky Knit Cushion Red
- Febreze Hollyberries & Frost Aerosol Air Freshener
- Ikea Dröna Storage Box
- Studio Bathroom Accessories Set