Product Type: Bic in Homeware
Newest Review: ... some pens I can go get one and it looks full but no ink will come out but I never have this problem with BIC pens as they always work f... more
a good pen or a bad pen...
Member Name: 4pintfoss
Advantages: comfortable, good range of colours, cheap
Disadvantages: can smudge, can hurt your fingers after prolonged use
Whenever someone mentions the word biro I always have an image in my mind of the clear plastic bic biro's that I have used throughout my life. There are a number of different varieties coming in blue, black, red and green. The lids on the top of the pen depict what colour of ink is inside the pen. The pens also vary in thickness. You can get fine, medium and thick. I personally always use medium as I tends to be perfect for writing.
In terms of comfort I would say that the biro's are pretty comfortable if used for less than 2 hours, but when used for over 2 hours (such as in a 3 or 4 hour university exam) then the biro can cause pain in your fingers and leave 'dents'. If you were in an exam for longer than 2 hours I would recommend that you buy a pen with a rubber or padded grip, as it will reduce the pain in your fingers.
Generally the pen works very well and the ink flows fine. When you use a brand new pen it feels 'scratchy' to use, but after 30minutes of use it feel fine. I have had problems with the flow after prolonged use, however. In university my room was quite warm, which heated up the ink in the biro. This caused ink to flow out of the pen slightly quicker than it would normally, leaving 'wet patches' of ink which I then accidentally smudged with my hand. This was not an isolated case as it happened with several bic biro's.
The biro's themselves can be quite expensive if bought individually (about £0.70), but when bought in bulk they are far cheaper (about £10 for 50).
Overall I would highly recommend bic biro's as they are reliable, comfortable and can be quite cheap.
Summary: reliable, comfortable and cheap. generally a good all round pen
More reviews in the field of Homeware
- GLADe i started to buy these
- Who put those chicks on the table?
- You'll fall in love with this bunny!
- Saturated, Massaged or Bubbled - How Do You Like Your Showers? Croydex 3 Functio ...
- If My Sheets Smelt Like This I'd Change My washing Powder!
- I refuse to use these refuse sacks.. they're rubbish!!
- Not for adults!
- It's cheap for a good reason.
- Chew on this
- No cold feet in my house!
- Electrastream Electric Boiler
- Winnie the Pooh Paper Party Plates
- Organised Mum Family Life Book Diary
- Pilot B2P Recycled Gel Rollerball Pen
- Febreze Cranberries and Frost
- Woolworths White Linen Tapered Linen Basket
- H&L Russel Vacuum Storage Bag
- Disney Cars 2 Lunch Bag
- Tipp-Ex Micro Tape Twist
- Jungle Party Paper Plates