Product Type: Parker in Homeware
Newest Review: ... feeling of quality and you certainly did not feel like they had "cheaped out" on anything during manufacture. The ink coverage ... more
Parker!...... Yes, milady?
Parker Vector Ballpen
Member Name: Bellroyd
Parker Vector Ballpen
Advantages: Quality and reliable ink flow
Disadvantages: Refills are expensive
For many thesedays, actually writing something rather than typing can be something of a rare occurrence and I can't imagine that sales of ball point pens will not have suffered in the last decade as a consequence.
As will be the case with many writers and many reading this review, I have a huge number of pens of various sorts and brands from the very cheap hotel giveaways to the really rather nice expensive pens that are just too nice for everyday use. In short, I never throw any pens or pencils out and they are all over the place!
My better pens are in the desk drawer and I do give them an occasional outing. I have a couple of Parker Vector pens - one with a black barrel and one with a blue. Each of them has a brushed steel finish at the finger end. The black one I found in a car park and it's a bit bashed, but still works; the blue one was a present many years ago.
What I like about Parker Pens:
* They are really reliable at getting ink out of them first time, unlike so many cheap pens
* They look so slim, sleek and stylish and don't go in for anything too fancy.
* The clips are strong; I have never broken one
* The refills last a decent length of time and don't leak
* The brand is one of the best around; I like its longevity and the reputation for quality
What I don't always appreciate:
* The cost of the refills
* The initial purchase price can be high - worth shopping around
I do believe that everyone's handwriting is improved through using a good quality pen and, although you can pay an awful lot of money for a quality pen, the cost of these is still within reach of the common man. I suspect many are bought as presents. Sadly, I suspect there are a huge number languishing in desk drawers, never getting used. Such a shame!
If you believe it is important to write well, this pen and a pack of refills would be a good investment for your children or grandchildren. They are still available after being around for many a year and although there can be quite wide variations in price at retail outlets, eBay is a good place to hunt, especially for sets, incorporating a fountain pen or a pencil, with a matching case..... in some cases, less than a tenner which I think is excellent value.
Summary: Go with the flow!
- Afton Zesty Jasmine Air Freshener
- Flame Tree Tiffany Peacock Notebook
- Cross Journal Notebook
- Suck XMAS Decorations Grenade Christmas Decorations
- Fireman Sam Party Tableware Pack
- Morphy Richards Richards Roll Top Bread Bin
- The Really Tiny Book Light
- Dunelm Mill Vespa Coir Mat
- White Heart Tart Burner
- Airwick Mulled Wine Aerosol