Product Type: Ryman in Homeware
Newest Review: ... a fountain pen or a leaky biro on on it... The paper is 65 gsm and quite thin, and it doesn't absorb fountain pens too well. I'd strongl... more
Perfect for note taking
Ryman Refill Pad A4
Member Name: passionate88
Ryman Refill Pad A4
Advantages: Cheap, do the job
Disadvantages: Front cover should be made of card or plastic
I bought this pad from Rymans last year to use for revision notes. As the notes were going to be scribbly, I didn't want to use my normal favourite pads which are Pukka pads. If I remember correctly I paid about 99p for this pad containing 320 pages. I think the paper was 70gsm, which is reasonable quality paper. However as I have used it all up, I can't remember for definite.
The paper is nice and thick, meaning you can write on it without worrying about your ink showing through on the other side. Very important if you are writing a letter to someone. The paper comes away from the pad easily when pulled, unlike some cheaper notepads. In the past with value price paper, I have found a chunk of the left hand side is pulled out when you try and separate the paper from the rest of the pad.
The front cover of the notepad is made of thick paper and the back is made of strong cardboard. My only criticism of this notepad would be that when it has been in my bag, as the front cover is only made of paper rather than card, the edges have become folded causing the paper underneath to become damaged sometimes as well.
I would definitely buy a notepad like this from Rymans again, they don't quite come up to Pukka standard, but for 99p you can't go wrong.
Summary: Perfect for anyone's writing needs
More reviews in the field of Homeware
- Scented Draws
- Smart Price bin bags
- Can't go wrong with Staedtler!
- Great quality, doesn't show ink through
- A must have!
- Glade Candles
- Mulled Wine & Cinnamon Apple Reed. Winter is here so its ideal.
- Mamas and Papas My 1st Christmas Bauble - a beautiful gift to give a newborn thi ...
- A good concept but not perfect!
- Keeps my wardrobe organised!
- Asda Large Plastic Tumblers
- Tesco Everyday Value Ice Cream Scoop
- Ben de Lisi Purple Reindeer Hook
- Argos Colour Match Laundry Bin
- Ben de Lisi White Rabbit Wall Hook
- Japlac High Gloss Enamel
- Sandtex Ultra Smooth Masonry Paint
- Ikea Oddvar Pine Stool
- Argos Value Range Plastic Toilet Seat
- Tesco Pure Set of Terry Tea Towels