Product Type: Tesco in Homeware
Newest Review: ... poor quality and so I was expecting these to be quite flimsy. Although they are quite thick and don't bend too much when you put a lot on... more
Ideal party plates
Tesco Value Paper Plates
Member Name: emmad5689
Tesco Value Paper Plates
Advantages: Sturdy, cheap, good size
Disadvantages: Not good for foods like pickled onions
We had our daughter christened in June last year and we did the catering ourselves, we decided just to buy value plates. bowls etc as they seemed great value and as they only go in the bin there didn't seem much point spending more on them.
The plates cost us £1 for a packet of 50 plates and they are from the Tesco Value range of products, the plates were packaged in a thin see through plastic which just needed to be torn open to get to the plates. The front of the packaging was the usual Value logo in the bleu and red which makes it obvious that the product is Value.
The plates are white in colour and are about 25cm in diameter, the plates are slightly raised around the edges to help keep your food from rolling off the plate and the edges are slightly fluted. The plates tend top stick together a little when they are piled up but I got round this by turning them on their side and tapping gently on the work service to loosen them up.
The plates hold food well and even people with lareg amounts of party food on their plates didn't seem to have a problem. I did notice that where the pickled onions had been on the plates the plate was damp so I don't think they would hold wet food very well but after all they are paper plates so that isn't really a suprise.
I have plates left over from the christening and will use them for barbeques and picnics in the summer, they are cheap, pretty sturdy and save on the washing up! The plates are fantastic value and I would recommend them.
Summary: Great value party plates
More reviews in the field of Homeware
- Great for when you can never find one!
- Pontypandy Party Bags!
- Nice Paint Brushes
- A workhorse of a pen
- Some things don't mind being walked all over
- A soft, fluffy mat for my feet.
- Smells good enough to eat!
- One Small Win for a 'Sensible' Dad...
- Have you got a bic?
- Too many coats.. not enough coat-hooks... until now.
- Wilko Photo Frame Multi Aperture
- Sanderson Victoria Curtains
- Dunelm Artificial Black Orchid Spray
- Sheridan Towel
- Moleskine Address Book Pocket
- Moleskine Pocket Ruled Notebook
- Brabantia Smartfix Bin Liners
- Thomas the Tank Engine Shaped Cushion
- Moleskine Volant Notebook Extra Small
- Staedtler Triplus Colour Rollerball Pens