Product Type: Cif Household Cleaning
Newest Review: ... selves are like most other wipes in packs in that they are nice and strong made of something cheaper than actual cloth, but much strong... more
Not worth the effort
Cif Glass & Window Wipes
Member Name: nimnim
Cif Glass & Window Wipes
Date: 11/09/12, updated on 13/01/13 (10 review reads)
Advantages: Ease of use
Cif Glass & Window Wipes - when purchased these were 2 for £3 at ASDA
Now I hate cleaning glass I think it stems from having worked in a jewellers. All those glass cabinets, and mirrors... So any product that will aid me to do this easily I feel is worth trying...
These wipes them selves are like most other wipes in packs in that they are nice and strong made of something cheaper than actual cloth, but much stronger than kitchen roll...
They can be nicely and easily used to wipe down windows (I found them beneficial between 'proper' clean behind the kitchen sink where I get splashes on the windows). However I have to say apart from the ease of use for me these were a big waste of money. They would wipe the muck off, but unless you used kitchen roll or similar to dry the window off they would leave streaks. This was even worse when using them on mirrors.
It would also take lots of wipes to clean any large window. I counted 12 when I last did the inside of the front window with them.
When taking into account the sheer volume needed to clean any area, and the fact that you needed to 'dry' the window with kitchen roll after use, it seems much more economical and effective just to use window cleaner, or vinegar.
I wouldn't reconnected these to people as they just weren't very effective for me, and seem to be a pricey way to get a poor finish when cleaning windows.
Summary: A poor performing product
More reviews in the field of Household Cleaning
- Looks good, smells nice and actually washes up, where have you been all my life?
- It's the lazy effective way to clean
- The light's flashing, it's salt time again!
- A mandarin and Mango marvel for my kitchen!
- It works but I don't like it
- Definitely works harder than I do on cleaning!
- Super for sinks and ovens
- Kind of on the sickly side
- Really quick cleaning
- Brillo Pads
- Parozone Bleach
- Duck Fresh Discs Lime Zest Toilet Gel
- Fairy Sensitive Chamomile & Vitamin E Washing Up Liquid
- Fairy Sensitive Tea Tree & Mint Washing Up Liquid
- Fairy Silk & Orchid Washing Up Liquid
- Febreze Winter Plug In
- Mr Sheen Furniture Polish Anti-static
- Cif Cream Lemon Fresh
- Ajax Lemon Floor Cleaner