Product Type: Jeyes Household Cleaning
Newest Review: ... can be purchased from supermarkets and stores including B&Ms and Wilkinsons. Asda offer the flower shaped blocks priced at £1.50 whil... more
Bloo Citrus Blocks
Jeyes Bloo Acticlean
Member Name: jojo8948
Jeyes Bloo Acticlean
Advantages: Cleans toilet, smells fresh
Disadvantages: Only last a couple of days in the cistern.
Ever since decorating my bathroom orange, I have been struggling to find a toilet block to match the bathroom. I know this is highly irregular and people (including my husband) think I'm strange, but I like things to match, so when I had a green bathroom and the toilet block was green, it felt like all was right with the world! I couldn't have an orange bathroom and blue or green toilet water, it just wouldn't be right.
However, an orange toilet block does not exist (much to my annoyance) and so I have gone for the citrus option of the above product, as it does not dye the water any colour but still cleans.
The blocks cost £1.75 for 2 and I would say that two last me about 2 weeks, so they are not cheap. Considering you can pick up blue or green cheaper branded ones for a lot less.
I put the blocks in the toilet cistern, and leave them in there. The next flush after putting one of these in there is very bubbly and has a lovely lemon/lime scent, and it also leaves the toilet looking very clean and sparkly. However this will only last a couple of days, and the bubbles seem to die down drastically after the first day, the scent lingers for a few more days, but that is about it. We are only at home in the evenings too, as we both work, so I imagine for someone who was at home all day they would last for an even shorter amount of time. When I used to use cheaper branded green blocks, they would easily last two weeks, so these are pretty pathetic in comparison.
These blocks are very expensive and don't last very long, but for those few days, they clean the toilet well, and have a lovely scent. They are my only option (until I find orange blocks) as I am so fussy, so I will continue to buy them, but I wouldn't recommend them for value for money.
Summary: A good product but very expensive.
More reviews in the field of Household Cleaning
- Fairy Pomegranate & Honeysuckle Washing Up Liquid - making washing up a pleasure
- It's Not Exorbitant, But It Is Absorbent
- Handy cleaning wipes!
- Sweet strawberry fragranced rooms
- Keeps your wheels smelling sweet
- Not the best but it was a bit better...
- Cleaning my home the steamy way!
- Tesco save me money with this toilet cleaner!
- Lord Sheraton Leather Wipes
- Dettol Anti Bacterial Multi-Action Cleaner Apple
- Dettol Disinfectant Liquid Lime & Lemongrass
- Duck Fresh Discs Ice Breeze Toilet Cleaner
- Duck Fresh Discs Lime Zest Toilet Gel
- Fairy Sensitive Chamomile & Vitamin E Washing Up Liquid
- Method Bowl Patrol Toilet Cleaner
- Mr Sheen Multi-Surface Polish
- Cuprinol Garden Furniture Cleaner
- Vigar Broom & Handle