Product Type: Mr Muscle Household Cleaning
Newest Review: ... how careful you need to be when using it as it is so powerful. Rubber gloves need to be worn and all contact to skin needs to be avoided,... more
Definitely works harder than I do on cleaning!
Mr Muscle Oven Cleaner
Member Name: sonic70
Mr Muscle Oven Cleaner
Advantages: Does a great job
When I moved into my house, the glass lid for the hob was caked in what looked like years of grease and i couldn't imagine how i was going to manage to clean it. I had tried other kitchen products but nothing even shifted the surface layer.
After successfully using this oven cleaner on the inside of the oven - which was surprisingly easy to clean - I decided to have one last attempt to clean the lid before trying to replace it, although i didn't hold out much hope. I managed to detach the lid and take it outside as I though this would be easier and covered it in Mr Muscle. I wandered off and left it for the suggested 20 minutes then returned to tackle the mess. I initially tried to remove it with a scouring pad but there was so much gunk to clean off that this wasn't working. I then tried with a paint scraper and found the oven cleaner had softened it all enough that it came off easily and by the time i finished my lid looked almost as good as new.
Thankfully cleaning my oven was not nearly as stressful. I simply sprayed the inside and came back 20 minutes later and wiped the oven out which left it perfectly clean. You definitely need to wear oven gloves as I imagine prolonged skin contact would not be a good thing.
Unlike a lot of kitchen products, the smell wasn't completely over-powering and rinsing thoroughly seemed to get rid of most of it. I was happy to notice that I didn't get that telltale chemical smell when using the oven after cleaning.
This oven cleaner is priced around £3 for a 300ml can in Sainsburys but I tend to watch out for it on offer and buy one whether I need it or not. One can usually allows for about 4 oven cleans - although i am known for using too much with most of my cleaning products - and i don't feel this is bad value for money.
I would definitely recommend this product as it managed to do what other tried products couldn't.
Summary: A good value product which I would happily recommend
More reviews in the field of Household Cleaning
- Kiwi shoe spray, the perfect gift this Christmas
- Cleaning the floors...
- Letting Fairy do the work for you
- The light's flashing, it's salt time again!
- A mandarin and Mango marvel for my kitchen!
- It works but I don't like it
- the BEST washing up liquid I have ever used!
- Mr Sheen multi surface polish
- Cleaning is done in Flash in my home!
- Hydrochloric Acid In My Toilet
- Astonish Stain Remover Stick
- Quick N Brite Cleaner
- SC Johnson Shout
- Flash Ambi Pur Toilet Rim Block
- Parazone Bleach Plus Stain Remover
- Dr. Beckmann Stain Devil Cooking Oil&Fat
- Wilko Toilet Cleaner Spring Meadow & Gardenia
- Ecover Automatic Clothes Washing Liquid
- Toilet Duck Cleaner
- De-Solv-It 4755 Universal Stain Remover & Pre-Wash