Product Type: SC Johnson Household Cleaning
Newest Review: ... but the one I got was the version shown above which is called Garden Fresh. Oust is supposed to be different from other air fresheners b... more
Neutralise toxic waste in your bathroom!
SC Johnson Oust
Member Name: jo1976
SC Johnson Oust
Date: 18/06/09, updated on 11/09/13 (103 review reads)
Advantages: Neutralises odours instantly, only a small spray needed
Disadvantages: Contains chemicals
Air freshener might not seem the most exciting product to review but, believe me, sometimes this simple little product makes the difference between a home and a public toilet! Oust is created by SC Johnson and is marketed as an 'Odour Eliminator' rather than just being an Air Freshener (which simply cover up smells.)
Living with three males, there are those *ahem* inevitable bathroom moments - along with the accompanying aroma! This is the reason that we have a can of Oust living permanently on top of the toilet cistern. I have used cheaper (and more expensive) brands of air freshener in the past but Oust is the one variety that, not only has a pleasant fragrance of its own, also effectively neutralises the nasty smells, pretty much instantly. Basically, this is a product that does do exactly what it says on the tin!
Pricewise, I picked my most recent purchase up from Tesco for £1.65 for a spray can containing 300ml. One can lasts absolutely ages in our household. Literally, only one small spray is needed to completely eliminate the nasty odours so it does go a long way. (Obviously, if you used the spray throughout the whole house on a regular basis, it would need replacing more frequently.)
We currently have the 'Garden Fresh' variety which, surprise surprise, is a genuinely fresh, floral fragrance! It is quite a feminine and 'green' kind of smell but a much better alternative to the odours that it is replacing. It is totally inoffensive and doesn't cause anybody in the household to have coughing fits and it doesn't get down the back of the throat like some types of air freshener can do. Oust also comes in different varieties; Garden Fresh, Citrus and Outdoor Scent and they have recently launched a multi-purpose spray that kills bacteria on surfaces as well as eliminating odours. Very clever!
I'm not a big fan of using chemicals in the home and I do try to minimise the products that we use, but Oust is one of those essential items in our household and it makes the bathroom a more pleasant place to be.
Summary: Oust those odours
More reviews in the field of Household Cleaning
- Down the pan with this one!
- Stardrops, the hidden gem of the cleaning world
- Works well but leaves things damp
- Stardrops is a gift from above!
- Harpic Power Plus just what it says
- Forget Fairy: this does the job for a fraction of the price.
- Mr Muscle gave me a helping hand today...
- The only reason I want to wash up these days.....
- Brilliant Combo
- Sainsburys Toilet Cleaner = Bit runny but does the job and ideal for everyday us ...
- Ariel Biological Washing Liquid Concentrate
- Ariel Formula Pro Plus Washing Powder
- Bin Buddy Bin Freshener Citrus
- Cif Oxy Wipes Lemon
- Cilit Bang Active Foam Bathroom Cleaner
- Buster Kitchen Sink Fresh
- Ozkleen Carpet Power
- Cif Multi-Purpose Actifizz Lemon Spray
- JML Miracle Dry Foam
- Duzzit Furniture Polish Wipes