Product Type: SC Johnson Household Cleaning
Newest Review: ... but the one I got was the version shown above which is called Garden Fresh. Oust is supposed to be different from other air fresheners b... more
Oust It Away!
SC Johnson Oust
Member Name: xjemloux
SC Johnson Oust
Advantages: It's cheap and smells nice!
Disadvantages: The nice smell didn't last long!
I can't help it I'm a sucker for air fresheners and I'm not loyal to one particular brand either so when I spotted various Oust tins in bodycare the other day for just under £1 I couldn't resist giving them a try.
Oust Odour Eliminator comes in a tall 300ml spray tin and depending on the scent has a different coloured plastic spray top. For example the 'garden fresh' scent has a pink plastic top. Oust, on the front of it's tin, claims to eliminate odours without just masking. Now that's a big claim - especially as I have twin toddlers still in nappies who believe me, produce some pongs lol! The back of the tin tells us that it's special formula neutralises bad odour molecules in the air such as pet, bathroom and smoke leaving your home clean and fresh.
The plastic lid acts as the spray also, so no twisting of a cap or pulling off lids just a simple press down on the button and the odour eliminator sprays upwards. It sprays like a light mist, a strong spray yet a gentle mist at the same time.
I find all the scents fairly similar, fresh, fruity and flowery, not too overpowering but a 'nice' scent none the less. It does seem to zap away any strong smells lingering around the house and does leave my rooms smelling fresh, awakening and surprisingly clean to. The initial scent isn't too strong thankfully although I wouldn't reccomend purposely breathing it in lol. For me there is just one thing I wasn't happy about with Oust and that's the fact the refreshing scent it did produce didn't last very long at all. It carried a pleasing scent which did manage to get rid of any unwanted pongs but I wanted the sweet scent to last longer. For just under a £1 though I would definitely reccomend trying it at least, I will also use Oust again in the future.
Summary: A cheap, decent air freshener!
More reviews in the field of Household Cleaning
- Good value for money
- Wipe and go!
- Sweet Smelling
- Tesco Antibacterial Lavender Washing Up Liquid - For Lovely Smelling, Clean Dish ...
- Stick to a brand you know will work.
- When it says, Boil First, it Means it. Seriously.
- Elephant not included
- Foam party in the bathroom
- Only good for wood.
- Glade Relaxing Zen Candle
- Ariel Biological Washing Liquid Concentrate
- Ariel Formula Pro Plus Washing Powder
- Bin Buddy Bin Freshener Citrus
- Cif Oxy Wipes Lemon
- Cilit Bang Active Foam Bathroom Cleaner
- Bentley Organic Kitchen & Surface Cleaner
- Michaels Originals Washing Up Scouring Pad
- Faith In Nature Bathroom Anti Bacterial Spray Cleaner
- Bio-D Glass & Mirror Cleaner
- Bentley Organic Window & Glass Cleaner