Product Type: SC Johnson Household Cleaning
Newest Review: ... and destroys the source of the smell very efficiently. My only gripe with the Oust is that when sprayed it leaves a very heavy wet spray o... more
Something In Here Stinks!
SC Johnson Oust
Member Name: benlepensive
SC Johnson Oust
Advantages: very good results
Disadvantages: makes noses twitch
To oust something means to get rid of. Smells need to be gotten rid of in our house on a regular basis. This is is mainly thanks to one creature who skulks around all day doing nothing except lying on a sofa, then waltzing off into the kitchen for a quick snack, before climbing into his box and producing an absolutely unearthly stench. I am not talking about my dad, but the pet cat. Luckily, we have a cannister of Oust right next to his box.
Oust is available in a range of smells. We have the outdoor scent. Thank goodness it doesn't really smell of outdoors, because round our way, the smell of outdoors is a mixture of drains and manure. The so called scent is quite punchy and daring. It always gets my nose twitching when it is sprayed, to the point of wanting to sneeze. The smell is fresh though, very clean smelling and seems to soak up any other smells in the air.
It does work. It rids that cat litter tray odour within a few seconds, by masking the smell and seemingly neutralising bad bacteria too, which is essential in hot weather. You want the smell to go, not just to be covered up by something else. I have also used this to freshen the kitchen when toast has been burnt, for moments when guests come around and smoke and for when you have guests around who insist on using the toilet for unpleasantries. The smell of Oust will gradually fade after five to ten minutes, leaving a much fresher smelling room.
A cannister delivers the scent through a pump spray and it has lasted a few months I think, meaning you get great value for money. The price, at about two pounds is fair and the results are impressive on stubborn smells. It performs better than just spraying a deodorant and also better than just using an aftershave. I would buy this again; all supermarkets stock Oust so it is easy to obtain too.
Summary: effective on smells
More reviews in the field of Household Cleaning
- Daisy could have been much fresher
- Bubbleiscious green loo water!
- Mr Sheen
- Daisy Bathroom Cleaner
- A Good Value Cleaner
- Does the job perfectly
- Wipes for multi purpose cleaning
- The easiest way to clean your leather sofa...
- Tesco Salt Granules - Just as effective as the branded versions
- Cleaning the plates with this special citrus action is a breeze
- Dylon Goldfish Orange Machine Dye
- Dylon Intense Violet Machine Dye
- Dylon Jeans Blue Machine Dye
- Dylon French Lavendar Machine Dye
- Essential Waitrose Citrus Washing Up Liquid
- Method Mint Window Glass Cleaning Spray
- Fairy Platinum Lemon
- Dylon Navy Blue Machine Dye
- Astonish Stainless Steel Cleaner Trigger
- HDE Lint / Dust / Pet Hair Remover Brush for Clothing or Furniture