Product Type: SC Johnson Household Cleaning
Newest Review: ... but it wasn't on that I had previously bought myself for my own home. The Oust that I used as an air sanitiser with the Clean Scent... more
SC Johnson Oust
Member Name: Whizz11
SC Johnson Oust
Advantages: Takes the smell away
Disadvantages: Don't like aerosoles
Toilet smells, no one likes them but admit it, everybody makes them from time to time. For these little instances I have a can of Oust Odour Eliminator in my downstairs guest bathroom. I do not make Oust part of my everyday bathroom cleaning regime because I do not particularly like the smell but for times when you have guests and a lot of people using the toilet at any one time I like to have a spray that either they or I can use in between visits.
Oust is an odour eliminator and so it is meant to eliminate odours and not just cover them up with a strong perfume smell. According to their packaging it has a special formula which neutralises bad odour molecules in the air such as pet, bathroom, smoke and musty/mildew odours and it leaves your home smelling clean and fresh. There are a number of different fragrances that you can purchase but I like the clean scent better than the others. This scent is not as flowery or perfumey as the others. It just has more of a clean scent, like a powdery fresh scent and in my opinion in the closest scent you can get to normal smell than the other varieties.
The can comes with a spray at the top so all you do is press on the top of the can and the scent will spray out. I find you really only need one or two little sprays, any more and it is overpowering. I do however, find this air freshener a bit overpowering by just using a little bit. As it is an aerosol I find the spray is the type that can really get into your lungs and as I have asthma this is not the best thing so if I do spray this I do it as soon as I am leaving the bathroom and then close the door behind me to give it time to work but also time to disipate throughout the air.
Upon returning to the scene of the crime I generally find that this spray has worked well and usually taken away the nasty niffs without being too obvious that you sprayed something to cover up your bathroom visit.
Oust is made by SC Johnson and a 300ml can costs £2.25
More reviews in the field of Household Cleaning
- No muscle required, great results
- Forget Fairy: this does the job for a fraction of the price.
- Average performance
- Does the jobs you can't be bothered to spend the time on!
- the not so good cleaner
- Daisy vs Fairy
- Clean Surfaces
- Brilliant Combo
- Sainsburys Toilet Cleaner = Bit runny but does the job and ideal for everyday us ...
- Lavender disinfectant is fabby for my home!
- Astonish Grime Blast uPVC Cream Cleaner
- Fairy Tangerine & Ginger Flower Dishwasher Tablets
- Savlon Disinfectant Liquid
- HDE Lint / Dust / Pet Hair Remover Brush for Clothing or Furniture
- Astonish Stainless Steel Cleaner Trigger
- Ambi Pur Spring Collection Fresh Gardens Toilet Liquid Rimblock
- Ambi Pur Spring Collection Lavender Flowers Toilet Liquid Rimblock
- Ariel Actilift Excel Tabs
- Ariel Actilift Washing Powder
- Ariel Biological Tablets With Actilift