Product Type: Tesco Household Cleaning
Newest Review: ... sealed laminate flooring and varnished wood. You can buy this floor cleaner in Tesco for £1.25 for a litre, I think that this is amazing ... more
Quick and Easy Way to Clean Your Floors
Tesco Direct To Floor Cleaner Pine
Member Name: rolandrat
Tesco Direct To Floor Cleaner Pine
Date: 17/02/12, updated on 14/03/12 (88 review reads)
Advantages: Quick, easy, convenient, economical
Disadvantages: Careful of your cats walking on it wet.
---Why I Buy This---
Well until I started reading reviews on here I had never heard of this sort of cleaner. I do shopping online with Tesco so you do not see new products the same way that you would in store.
I thought this would be useful as both myself and husband are unwell and the floor in the kitchen is a chore that does not get done as often as it should - usually son ends up doing it for us - and leaves it swimming!
This sounded like an ideal product as we could wash part of the floor at a time if necessary. This is the way I do the bathroom with a mop and bucket - but that is a smaller space.
Tesco Direct to Floor Cleaner with anibacterial action.
Comes in a large tall 1 litre bottle.
The plastic bottle is translucent and the liquid inside a bright emeral green.
Has a pull up nozzle fitted to the cap.
* pine fragrance
* no mixing or rinsing
* fast drying formula.
On the reverse are instructions for use.
Produced in UK.
Contains amongst other ingredients 'Less Than 5% Non - Ionic Surfactants Disinfectant, Dimethylol Glycol, Perfume'.
* Sweep or vacuum floor
* Pull nozzle and apply an even layer of cleaner straight onto floor
* No bucket required
* Wipe clean with damp mop
* Suitable for vinyl floors, glazed tiles, sealed laminate flooring and varnished wood.
* Not recommended for unsealed wood or laminate flooring
* Seek advice for sealed wood or laminate flooring
* Always test first on an inconspicuous area
* Usual warnings to keep away from children, not to splash in eyes or to drink it
* DO NOT ALLOW PETS (ESPECIALLY CATS) TO WALK ON TREATED FLOORS UNTIL THEY DRY - OR TO LICK SURFACES THAT HAVE BEEN WIPED WITH THE PRODUCT.
£1.25 per litre but currently 2 for £2.
Well as I said above I was surprised to see a product that worked like this but managed to find it listed on Tesco grocery website so ordered two bottles for £2.
There is a lot of liquid in each bottle and you use very little so they should last a very long time.
I was not very keep on the pull up nozzle when the bottle is very full as it would be easy to squirt some over yourself if not careful - as when you hold the bottle it is quite soft and pliable. I was also a bit concerned about the warning for cats as I had not seen that mentioned in other reviews I don't think - but perhaps it is the same with all floor cleaners anyway.
I only needed a tiny squirt of the liquid on the floor - it is quite runny and comes out quickly - more a sort of pour than a squirt.
I used a slightly damp vileda type mop to do my kitchen floor.
The smell is not overpowering but does give a clean, fresh, light pine, slightly antiseptic smell.
Because the mop was almost dry and I had only put a little of the liquid on part of the floor it was easy to mop over and was only dampish so therefore dried reasonably quickly - much better than when we use a lot of water which takes ages to dry.
This product is great - you can clean the whole floor in one go or just a bit at a time - great for the kitchen or bathroom. I actually enjoyed being able to do the floor myself today - doing a bit now and then - even under the table while cooking lunch!
The mop needs a good rinse after each use to get the dirt out and to dry ready for the next time - but that seems so much easier than washing the whole floor with a mop and bucket.
---Would I Recommend?---
Will be buying again - think it goes a long way and is quick and easy to use.
But will have to make sure the cats arn't around.
Taken from www.detergentinfo.com:
* Propylene Glycol Methyl Ether
* Benzalkonium Chloride
* Sodium Bicarbonate
* Dimethyl Glycol
* Parfum Pine 19
* Reactive Blue
* Yellow 23 CI 19140
Summary: Quick and easy way to clean your floors - I even enjoy the job now!
- Yankee Candle Lilac Blossoms Scented Car Jar
- Daz Regular Laundry Detergent Tablets
- Dettol Anti Bacterial Lime & Mint Surface Wipes
- Dettol Anti Bacterial Multi-Action Cleaner Apple
- Dettol Disinfectant Liquid Lime & Lemongrass
- Dettol Anti Bacterial Multi Action Bathroom Cleaner Atlantic Fresh
- Asda Anti-Bacterial Washing Up Liquid Eucalyptus & Lemon Thyme
- Domestos Citrus Fresh Thick Bleach
- Cif Multipurpose Spray With Bleach
- Cif Liquid Wood Floor Cleaner Camomile