Product Type: Vanish Household Cleaning
Newest Review: ... £2.27 per litre (in Tesco at least) but, if memory serves me correctly this was reduced to £1.50 when I bought it. The Vanish Liquid come... more
Vanished down the drain
Vanish In-Wash Liquid
Member Name: anjipanji
Vanish In-Wash Liquid
Date: 06/11/01, updated on 06/11/01 (547 review reads)
Advantages: easy to use, widely available, good range of products
Disadvantages: can burn the skin, not as cheap as others, can use a fair bit in the drum (I don't always use the full amount)
I use several different vanish products as they seem to be of a high quality and do exactly what they say they do on the bottle. They are not the cheapest, but I think they are the best.
I first started to use an in wash stain remover when ACE bleach was brought out. I used it on collars and cuffs of hubby's white work shirts. This product was okay, but I did find it a little too caustic and it burned a hole in some fabric so I never got it again.
I tried the Vanish version and I was even more impressed. You need quite a lot of it (100ml) if you are adding it straight to the drum, or you can pour a little directly onto the stain itself. It is recommended that you add to the fabrics or drum immediately prior to washing. I guess that as it contains hydrogen peroxide, it could actually damage the colours of the fabrics if it was left standing on them for too long.
I usually buy a 500ml bottle for about £2.49, but on my last stock up, I found a litre bottle for just under £4 which is better value. I know it's a lot to spend in one go, but I don't always use the recommended amount in the drum and this should last me about 4 weeks or so.
One thing about this product is that it is an irritant and should be kept well away from children. I accidentally spilled some on my hand a while back and it stung and stung for about an hour even with keeping it under the cold tap. It left a tiny burn mark. It also tells you not to mix with bleach or other chemicals and if you swallow any to seek immediate medical advice. Don't make somebody vomit if swallowed as it will re-burn the gullet and mouth. Drink plenty of water.
I now use this product on my son's white school uniform polo shirts and keeps them from going that dingy grey colour. I add it to all my light loads now as a matter of course. If you add this to dark washes too to remove stains, it still does just as good a job, it doesn't fade your colo
More reviews in the field of Household Cleaning
- Be great if everything was so easy to Vanish as stains with this
- Black hole alert!!
- no time to wash it then Febreze it
- See Me !
- What an exciting topic to write about!!!
- Parazone Flushable Toilet Wipes - a good idea when potty training
- Maxim(um) work to get clean jewellery
- Not as nice as Tesco Value liquid but ok if you run out.
- I need a Siesta after using Fiesta for my general household chores
- Fiesta time!
- Dylon Velvet Black Hand Dye
- Dylon Woodland Brown Hand Dye
- Dylon Antique Grey Machine Dye
- Asda Mandarin & Mango Washing Up Liquid
- Flash All Purpose Liquid Blossom & Breeze
- Floral Long Handled Dustpan & Brush
- Wickes Exterior Varnish Clear Gloss
- Dylon Tulip Red Hand Dye
- Dylon Tropical Green Hand Dye
- Asda Toilet Gel Lemon