Product Type: Vanish Household Cleaning
Newest Review: ... use in most washes rather than having to have separate products for each load. Vanish Oxi Action promises first time stain removal so th... more
Another hero product from Vanish
Vanish Oxi Action Multi Fabric Stain Remover
Member Name: katyj10
Vanish Oxi Action Multi Fabric Stain Remover
Advantages: Enhances the wash with dirty clothes
This is a review of Vanish Oxi Action fabric stain remover which I have just come to the bottom of yet another tub! It is a laundry product that works well with either washing powder or laundry gel when you know you have some challenging items going in the wash. You are advised to simply add a scoop to every wash (on the label) ... I don't use mine in every wash but I do use it to work on loads of particularly dirty clothing.
The Vanish oxi action fabric stain remover comes in a cute pink tub (mine holds 1kg but you can get them bigger and smaller). The top simply screws off to reveal the powder inside which looks like normal laundry powder. With each pot you get a pink scoop inside to measure out the right amount for your wash. The tubs are recyclable but I think (washed thoroughly) they make really nice storage jars once the labels are removed but then I am always recycling things like this when I like the colours etc!
I simply add a scoop to the powder section of the drawer and add laundry gel inside the load plus fabric conditioner and wash as I would normally. It does work at 30 degrees but I usually wash hotter than this as I am washing baby clothes and want to make sure they are getting clean. You can use this on whites, darks or colour loads and it really does seem to help shift stains. Some clothing requires individual attention (usually the bibs!) but I have the Vanish power spray to tackle this.
My mum also uses this powder but in a different way. She likes to soak her items in it and seems to get good results from doing so. I'm not a soaker, more of a load up the machine kind of girl but it works well for both of us in these ways.
Do's and Don'ts
- Always follow washing instructions on garment or fabric care label.
- Check for colour fastness by testing a hidden area of the fabric. Rinse and allow to dry.
- Do not use on wool, silk or leather.
- Do not use on finished or coated surfaces - for example wood, metals, etc.
- Do not soak fabrics with metal fasteners or flame-resistant finishes.
- Do not expose pre-treated or soaked garments to sources of direct heat or direct sunlight before washing or rinsing thoroughly.
- Do not contaminate the product in the tub.
The tub I have finished is supporting the Breast Cancer Campaign and features their jigsaw logo. I do like it when companies do support charities and it fits in well with the bright pink theme of the Vanish packaging. I find this a really easy to use and time saving product, and have found it to be of great help when washing the boat load of baby clothes that are often soiled, particularly around the neck line with food (despite being a bib user, I don't always get there in time when the grandparents issue 'treats' like ice lollies etc!). With Vanish I don't have to spend ages scrubbing or hand washing as it is part of the washing machine load so it's easy to do.
This can be quite pricey if you buy it when not on offer. I got my latest tub (again, 1 kg) from Tesco for £5 which I am happy to pay as it does last ages. I think full price it is normally £8.69 for a kilo although Ocado sell 2.4kg for £20.04p. Places like B&M do it for £3.99 so it really depends on where you shop!
Overall I am a big fan of Vanish products from their direct spray on formula to their carpet stain remover right through to this tub of oxi action powder. Highly recommended although do try to price check before buying.
Summary: Worth spending your money on
More reviews in the field of Household Cleaning
- Poor results from Vanish
- A Big Lemon in The Kitchen!
- Good basic kitchen roll that works perfectly well
- Tackle those carpet mishaps
- Clean and shine to remove that grime
- It's beginning to smell a lot like Christmas!
- Dr. Beckmann Service-it Washing Machine Cleaner - keep the coggs rolling
- Wipe on, wipe off, wipe on
- Jeyes Bloo Max - not very blue at all
- Cif Creates a Cheap Clean
- Cif Oxy Clean Orchid Gel Spray
- Cif Fume Free Oven Spray
- Cif Power Cream Bathroom Spray
- Persil Washing Up Liquid Apple Fizz
- Dr. Johnson Antiseptic Disinfectant Anti-Bacterial
- Flash Ambi Pur Toilet Rim Block
- Parazone Bleach Plus Stain Remover
- Dr. Beckmann Stain Devil Cooking Oil&Fat
- Ecover Toilet Cleaner Pine Fresh
- Cif Oxy Clean Ocean Gel Spray