Product Type: Vanish Household Cleaning
Newest Review: ... one is that its definitely for the removal of limescale. On the back of the bottle it says, Viakal Spray is ideal for applying on large an... more
Use citric acid instead!
Author Name: Old misery guts
I'd recommend buying citric acid in powder form, and make your own acid solution by just mixing it with water. It's significantly cheaper than Viakal, and you can adjust the acidity level by just adding more or less water. It's also great for cleaning cat water fountains, and their water pumps, which get clogged up frequently with either limescale or catfood!
You can actually hear it bubbling away inside the pump motor when you add the acid.
Citric acid is also ideal for descaling your kettle element - just cover the element with water, add a tablespoon of citric acid powder and mix it in, then leave it for an hour or two, and voila: your kettle looks brand new. This also works in the same way with your washing machine element - which will lose a lot of efficiency if it's covered with limescale. This would be an annual job for me, as you need a lot of citric acid, as you need to put in a litre or two of water into the drum, mixed with the citric acid, then leave it overnight to do its job.
Summary: Way cheaper, complete control of acidity level.
More reviews in the field of Household Cleaning
- Those 12 inches vanished before my eyes!
- Miracle In A Can
- Vanish (usually) Victorious
- Dry Carpet Cleaning Powder - Fact or Fiction?
- Spot On!
- Lemony Liquid
- Times up germs. Harpic is in the house with added bleach!
- I can't believe this is a value product
- Kitchen Cleaning With The Help Of Some Muscle
- Scotchgard Carpet & Rug Cleaner
- Addis Floor Scrub
- Genitrix Rip Fleas Extra
- Mr Muscle Kitchen Liquid 5 in 1
- Toilet Duck Fresh Gel Discs Lavender
- Vileda 1 2 Spray Action Refill Fluid
- Swarfega Patio & Driveway Cleaner
- Swarfega Universal Pressure Washer Fluid
- Swarfega Red Box Wipes
- Swarfega Red Box Heavy-Duty Trade Hand Wipes