Product Type: Glo-wax household products
Newest Review: ... senses the light of the flame and then sends signals the the LED bulbs set in the base of the candle. I'll be honest, I'm not up on the sc... more
It'd be 'Magic' if it worked!
Member Name: tb4ms
Disadvantages: Doesn't work.
I'm very partial to candles at this time of the year with the dark evenings and cold weather. Knowing this I am always, thankfully given a lot of candles (usually scented) as gifts.
The Magic Candle
- Appearance -
The Magic Candle that I received came in a box and was bubble wrapped as well as being in a cellophane packet with a ribbon bow fastening it at the top.
It is cuboid in shape, light cream in colour and measures: Height 16.5cm, Width and Depth 10cm.
- Where to buy it -
This can be purchased online from:
www.glow-sticks.org for £7.99 (inc VAT)
www.gadgetshop.com for £9.99
- How does it work? -
The following explanation is taken from the packaging:
- LED technology generates a display of changing light.
- A strand of optical fibre alongside the wick senses the light of the flame and activates a set of colour LEDs at the base of the candle.
- So does the 'magic' work? -
I did think that the candle would require a short amount of burning time before the LED technology kicked in. Given that the packaging states that it shouldn't be left to burn for more than 3 hours, I suspected that it may take up to half an hour to 'get going'.
After more than an hour I was still looking at a standard cream candle block. I hasten to add that I didn't sit staring at the candle but kept looking over hoping for the magical glow of changing colour.
3 hours later still nothing so I extinguished it feeling robbed of the experience of the changing, glowing colours.
I have lit this on a few more occasions and still nothing! Not great considering the cost of this candle. I can only suspect that I got a 'dud' one and would be interested to hear from anyone else to see if these do actually work, because mine doesn't!
I'm so disappointed with this that it pains me to have to give it one star!
Thanks for reading.
Summary: An expensive candle that doesn't do what it promises!
More reviews in the field of Household Product
- Ecover Non Biological Laundry Liquid
- Ecover Concentrated Non Bio Laundry Liquid
- Method Laundry Liquid Fresh Air
- Yankee Candle Bermuda Beach Wax Tart
- Yankee Candle Simply Home Citrus Water
- Wilko Honeycomb Scraper Matt Rubber
- Yankee Candle Summer Scoop Votive Sampler Candle
- JVL Folding Toy Storage Bag with Handles