* Prices may differ from that shown
My second daughter was born on the 10th February this year and my husband was in change of buying all the last minute things that we needed that we hadn't thought of. Always the most expensive way for me, sending him without a list! I had decided that from the beginning I was going to bottle feed and it is said that when you are making up babies bottles you need to ensure your work surfaces are clean, you've washed your hands well and the bottles have been sterilised. So he bought quite a few anti-bacterial sprays, various sorts. One of these was this Milton Anti-Bacterial Surface Spray.
We always used to use Milton Sterilising Tablets with our first daughter (3 years ago) so it was a brand name that we knew and recognised and trusted to do what it promises to do.
-- Packaging --
This product is in a 500ml clear plastic bottle with a blue trigger, which is easy to use. You have to twist the nozzle and then spray the liquid. The bottle has a Milton Branded Logo on a label on the front.
-- The Product --
The spray has a fresh clean smell, although this can be overpowering if you spray too much. On the back of the bottle it tells you that it is a bleach free formula which cleans and disinfects all surfaces in the home. It kills bacteria including MRSA. The formula kills bacteria in 5 minutes and fungi in 15 minutes.
-- How to use --
It has instructions for use on the bottle. You are meant to spray the product directly onto the surface you wish to clean. Wipe it over with a clean cloth and then leave it to dry. You need to rinse surfaces which are in direct contact with food. The spray does not leave any residue behind on surfaces.
-- Price and Availability --
This product is readily available at most supermarkets. You will find it in the baby aisle with other sterilising products. At the moment it is available in Wilkinson's for £1.85. I'm sure my husband bought 2 bottles when it was on offer in Tesco, 2 for £2.
-- Overall Summary and Would I buy this again? --
This is an easy to use, effective, affordable product which helps to clean your home. However, I probably wouldn't buy this again once my initial supplies have run out, as I feel it was more for us bringing home a new born baby and being worried about keeping things germ free (especially with preparing bottle feeds etc.)
Up until I had my son is 2005 I don't think I had used an anti bacterial spray at home instead just opting for normal kitchen cleaners and the like! I had however used them at work as a nursery nurse and once my son was born I wanted a spray that would kill germs on his high chair and things. Since then I am never without a bottle of anti-bac in my kitchen! The product I am reviewing today is the Milton maximum protection anti bacterial surface spray.
The bottle is clear with a blue spray nozzle. I like the fact that the bottle is clear as you can see when the product is running out and you can replace it.
There is a Milton label on the front of the bottle which states the name of the product and also states that it is effective on germs and kills MRSA. On the back of the bottle there is another label which tells us that the spray is a bleach free formula which can be used to disinfect all surfaces in the home. The bottle is 500ml and the plastic is recyclable.
To use the spray you initially need to twist the nozzle into the on position. You can then use the trigger to spray the antibacterial liquid directly on the surfaces you require to clean. You can then wipe the surfaces down with a clean cloth however I always just used kitchen roll and just throw it away afterwards.
I use this spray throughout my kitchen on my work tops, table, taps, and fridge and even on my oven hob! You should always rinse surfaces that are directly in contact with food after using this spray.
I find that I always feel reassured when I use this spray. It has quite a strong but clean and fresh scent to it and this just helps me to believe it is cleaning my surfaces of any nasty germs that may be lingering around.
The bottle tells us that the formula kills bacteria in five minutes and funghi in fifteen minute. I cannot really comment on the accuracy of these claims other than to say that it is incredibly rare that my son or I have stomach upsets and this could be partially down to clean, germ free surfaces when I am preparing food.
The warnings on the bottle are quite standard for this type of product and tell us:
-to avoid contact with eyes. If you do have contact with the eyes make sure you wash them with plenty of water and see a doctor
-do not swallow. If you do you must see a doctor immediately
-keep out of the reach of children
In summary I do recommend this anti bacterial spray. It has a nice clean scent and reassures me that my surfaces are germ free. I use this product more than once a day as I am forever wiping up little spills and things with it and yet it has lasted me a few months now. It cost me around £1.60 from Tesco and I think this is good value. I also trust the Milton brand as I know they also manufacture sterilising liquids and tablets and such.
I don't usually stick to one brand of anti bacterial spray and have used store brands as well as more expensive brands but this is one I would certainly buy again. I certainly recommend it.
As a new mum I was worried about germs and my baby. With newborns having a very low immune system it is crucial to keep germs to a minimum. Especially being winter, with colds, coughs, flu and the dreaded swine flu it becomes more imperative to use an antibacterial spray on surfaces.
We originally bought the Milton spray as it was the only one available at the time, however we were eager to make sure the house was protected from germs for our new arrival. It costs £1.35 for a 500ml bottle which I feel is exceptional value for money.
Milton antibacterial spray comes in a large clear shaped bottle for easy grip and a blue pump action spray top for effective coverage, which can be twisted to an open or closed position. The label on the front has the Milton logo and the words 'antibacterial spray' clearly labelled. It also states that it is effective on germs, kills MRSA and has a fresh scent. On the back the description shows 'Bleach free formula to clean and disinfect all surfaces in the home: kitchen, fridge, bathroom, highchairs. Kills bacteria including MRSA, fresh scent'. The directions say to spray surface and wipe with a clean cloth, rinse surfaces that have contact with food. It takes 5 minutes to kill bacteria and 15 minutes to kill fungi.
Originally when we bought this we hadn't thought of all the possibilities of where and how we would use it. We find it very effective on highchairs and changing matts which was the main reason we bought it. This is also very useful for those who have potty trained children, a great product to clean and disenfect the potty. We use this in the bathroom too now, and our first bottle lasted a good 4 months with fair usage.
I would highly recommend this product for disinfecting anything in your house, it works fast and leaves a really fresh but not overpowering smell. There is not anything I can find fault with on this product and the price is brilliant.
Provides fast and effective germ-killing action in a ready to use spray gun format for use all around the kitchen, nursery and home.