Product Type: Surf household products
Newest Review: ... drawer. It should not be placed directly into the drum. Ingredients: 5%-15% Anionic Surfactants, Oxygen-Based Bleaching Agents, <5% Z... more
Riding the waves
Surf Tropical Powder
Member Name: lyndsey1989
Surf Tropical Powder
Advantages: Good cleaning power
Disadvantages: Smell isnt as strong as capsules
After using the capsules of Surf Tropical I decided that I would try the powder because it was the best offer I could find on washing powder/capsules/tablets. I was a little sceptical as I had never actually used powder before, always using capsules and finding these perfect for us. I bought a 25 wash pack which is 2kg for £4 in Tesco. Usually it retails at around £5.70 but it is also available at Sainsburys currently for £4.
Initially I wasnt really sure how to use the washing powder (I knew you had to put it in the drawer but had no idea of quantities etc!). To help me scoop the powder I used an old fabric conditioner cap. Now I use a cap per full wash and half a cap per smaller wash. We live in a hard water area though so it is likely that we need to use a little more.
The powder does a good job. It rinses out well and although initially I did end up with small powdery spots on my washing (I think I used too much!) now I never have this problem. I use this alongside some lenor fabric conditioner and my washing does come out of the machine lovely and soft.
I loved the smell of the capsules of this variety however I find that the powder doesnt give off anywhere near as much scent. You can detect the scent on the clean washing but it is not as powerful as the capsules. You cannot smell it when the washings going either which I did like with the capsules.
The cleaning power of the powder is very good. It removes any marks well and it also leaves my clothes bright and colourful. I was a bit nervous as we got a new bed cover a few months ago which is white but after washing it it looks brilliant white and brand new.
I have very sensitive skin and I am pleased to say I have had no problems with this one and instead find my clothes soft and comfortable.
The powder lasts a long time. I've probably done about ten loads with my box and there is still well over half of it left which is a positive.
I do like this powder however I am definitely a capsule girl at heart! I would definitely buy it again but personally prefer capsules. For £4 though for a well known household name I think this is a bargain.
Summary: Good washing powder
More reviews in the field of Household Product
- From this day forward..I vow not to bother buying this again!
- Yankee Candle Cherry Blossom
- Get the fairy to do the good work!
- Tesco party glitter candles - a great way to liven up a cake
- Soft clothes, crispy towels. Morrisons Value Fabric Conditioner.
- Sugar and spice
- Won't be buying a Pair of these pears
- Will make you sit cross legged and say Ohmmmmmmmm
- Yankee Candle Clear Glass Votive Holder
- Air Wick Colour Change Cocoa Truffle and Creme
- Glade Warm Orange and Spice Candle
- Temple Spa Cherish the Love Candle
- Yankee Candle Large Warm Sugar Limited Edition Jar Candle
- Enrituals Vitality Laundry Gel
- Body Shop Vanilla and Tonka Beans Candle
- Yankee Candle Orange Dreamsicle