Product Type: Tesco household products
Newest Review: ... bin. I never keep mine in the packaging anyway so it doesn't bother me. The normal Tesco information is printed on the back. The freezer ... more
Great value freezer bags
Tesco Value Freezer Bags
Member Name: Bunnyhop2
Tesco Value Freezer Bags
Advantages: Great value and good quality for the price
I have been using these freezer bags for various purposes for a long time. Tesco have recently updated their value range packaging and changed the name to Everyday Value. This product has changed slightly from the picture above in that there are now 75 bags in a roll. The packaging is easy to remove as it is just paper wrapped around the bags.
These aren't the largest freezer bags on the market being only 23 x 36cm but I find them big enough for the things I use them for lots of things
- When I have cooked too much of a meal such as a spaghetti bolognese I will let it cool and then pop it into one of these bags ready for the freezer.
- I spent a lot of time when first weaning my twins making purees for them, I used to freeze them in ice cube trays and then tip them into these bags for storing in the freezer.
- If I open a pack of meat and don't want to cook it all I put what I haven't used into one of these bags for freezing.
- To save room in my freezer if I've nearly finished a box of something I will pop the remaining item(s) into a bag. These bags take up far less room than a big box with one thing in.
- This bags are ideal for keeping sandwiches that I've made in morning fresh in my fridge until I want them at lunchtime.
-If I've opened some biscuits and the packet has ripped I will put them in one of these bags to keep them fresh.
The bags are clear with white boxes on them for contents and date. These boxes do vary as to their position on each bag but are normally visible once the bag is done up if you use the lowest one. I just write on them with a black marker pen and this makes it easy to keep track of what I've got in my freezer.
These aren't that long but do the job of keeping the bag closed. Most of the time I only open the bag once but when using them for puree cubes I often doubled them up to make them last longer. If I am just using these bags for sandwiches I fold over the top of the bag rather than use a tie so I always have plenty in my drawer.
Price and availability
The price is only 62p for 75 bags, less than a penny a bag can't be bad! They are available from Tesco stores and Tesco groceries online.
Would I recommend?
Yes, this a great product from Tesco's Everyday Value range. Despite the price these bags hold a decent amount of food without splitting.
Summary: Great value freezer bags from Tesco