Newest Review: ... money and even introduced me to Dooyoo! (3) www.livejournal.com - My social network. I've never understood the appeal of Facebook, Mys... more
My fave top ten websites!!
Top Ten Websites
Member Name: welling1
Top Ten Websites
Advantages: All helpful and informative, and hope you will view them.
1) Facebook - Looking through a lot of the reviews I can see that this is mentioned in many and this must also come in my top ten. It's fantastic and a great way to catch up with old friends and rekindle old friendships. There are many options on this website and applications that you can use including uploading photos and starting up groups and sending out invitations for events which are coming up in your life that you would like your friends to share with you. You can upload your status as many times as you like and let people now what your day has been like and what's happening in your life - really good if you like to be nosey lol! There are also loads of games on facebook that you can download onto your page and play against your mates and other people all over the world - my favourite has to be Texas holdem poker. But my biggest plus on facebook is the instant chat that was developed about 18 months ago. Basically you can see when your friends are online and you can chat to them a bit like MSN really but I prefer this as you can carry on playing games and uploading photos, etc., at the same time. Talking of uploading photos, it really helped me to show my friends and family what I was up to last year when I went travelling. It was really easy to update the photos and put them in their albums. All in all, facebook is great to keep in touch with friends and family and is a must have social site.
2) Aardvark travel - This is a real gem of a travel forum on the web. It is broken down into sections including Europe, Oceania, Africa and Asia travel, etc. and also includes sections on specifics like adventure, family and luxury travel to name a few. Many people that write on this forum are experienced travellers who have been to many places all over the world and really know their stuff. It is really informative and whenever I have posted a question I have found the replies to be very quick and also very helpful. A great travel site to use when looking for the best of travel at home and abroad.
3) Google - I am sure everyone has heard of this site but this has to be the one stop-off to gain information on any specific subject matter. After entering the data it gives you thousands of sites to help you try and find what you are looking for; also great for images if you are looking to copy and paste and add to school/work projects. Always helped me to find what I am looking for - top website.
4) Sky Sports - Being a massive sports fan this has to be in my top ten. It covers a variety of sports including football, boxing, formula one and golf to name a few all giving you the latest news and results from all over the world. There is a great video section with interviews with all the top managers and players in most sports. I have started to look more at the sports photos section lots more lately and I would definitely recommend having a look yourself. A great way to have a bit of banter and also express your views is the debates forum which, unlike many sites, I find a great read and there are some very good points put across. But the best feature for me by far is the score centre where you can get the latest updates on the score in golf, football, rugby, cricket and also a lap by lap guide on what is happening in the formula one grand prix - great when you can not get a TV or are abroad.
5) Youtube - Great website to watch a variety of videos, including music, sports and TV show videos. It is also a bit like an online you've been framed site where you are able to upload funny videos of you and your mates. Great site if you have missed that particular something or are just bored and looking for a pick me up.
6) Mousebreaker - A variety of games on this website which will keep you busy for many hours. There are a lot of games on this site which are very hard to complete and can get very frustrating which just makes you want to complete the game even more. Two of my personal favourites are jumpers for goalposts and parking perfection which is good to play with a mate - top free games website.
7) Sherdog - I am a massive martial arts fan and came across this beauty when putting a search into Google. It has a massive results service where you can get results from all over the world as well as little local shows which you will not find on many other website. It also has a great (but can be a very graphic) picture gallery as well as a great video feature which includes after fight interviews. It gives regular updates on fighter injures as well as the latest fights which have been signed to happen. Another great feature on this site is the forum where there are many knowledgeable people that want to talk martial arts but I must say there are a few that try to spoil it. Another feature which was new to me was the fighter finder where you can enter your favourite fighter's name and get up their win/loss record as well as a picture gallery and basic information - name, age, weight, etc. If you are just getting into martial arts and want to know more this is a great place to start.
8) Gumtree - Great website which is a bit of ebay but a job site at the same time. You can search for products that people have put up for sale online, as well as search for jobs at the same time in your local area. There is also a property and dating section - really good website if you are looking for a bit of everything rolled into one.
9) Dooyoo - Having only just been introduced to this site by my partner I think it is a great site to review and express your opinions as well as reading others and gathering useful information. Not only do I feel that I am helping others, it also feels great to be getting paid for it and I must say I am starting to visit more and more to this site with every passing day, top site.
10) Welling United - Many people will be thinking what league are this lot in. It is my local football team that I follow home and away after becoming disillusioned with the pro game, my team is a side based in Welling, Kent and play in the Blue Square South League, two leagues below league 2. The website is where I can get all the latest info and team news coming and going. We also have a great links section to forward people to more great non league sites and also lately one of the guys has been videoing the games and putting them on the net so if I miss a game then I can always catch the highlights. There is also a very active forum where there is much banter between our fans as well as rival opposition. All in all for a non league site I think it is a very professional, informative and useful site and intro to a non league football team.
Summary: My fave top ten which I view every day!!