Newest Review: ... money and even introduced me to Dooyoo! (3) www.livejournal.com - My social network. I've never understood the appeal of Facebook, Mys... more
My top 10 websites
Top Ten Websites
Member Name: KSM18
Top Ten Websites
Advantages: all very easy to use
This is my top 10 favourite websites purely based on what I like to use so this is basically just gonna be a boring ramble about me haha! There are three main ones listed below and others that I visit less often.
1. Facebook - this is a website I use everyday and love because I can keep in contact and talk to all of my friends just through this one website. This is such a popular website and most people have it, it is also great for using on your mobile or iPod just by downloading a simple free app. It is completely free to sign up to and I love being able to see what my friends are posting and have the opportunity to get involved and maybe talk to friends that I'm not as close to.
I think what puts a lot of people off Facebook is the fact that other people can see how many friends you have and it can sometimes be seen as a sort of 'competition' in ways. The average amount of Facebook friends people have is said to be around 100, and throughout the world every 20 minute 1.972 million friend requests are accepted. Is Facebook a big part of our world? Well, considering 1 in every 13 people on Earth have a Facebook account so to be honest I think that's quite a lot.
2. Twitter - this is my next favourite website because I love the way you can just tweet things that don't really make sense or have any meaning but it doesn't matter because you are just updating your followers about what you're up to in life. Twitter may not appeal to a lot of people because anybody can follow you, when you might not know them in person or have ever spoken to them before. However, I think this makes it more fun and surely that makes you care less about what people will think of you. If you write something that people might judge you on, then you don't have to go and see them at work or school the next day.
Twitter was originally started off as a website for a company only to use, with it's original name twttr. However, they soon realised what a hit this site could be and well, they were right. Lady Gaga has the most followers on twitter at 12 million.
3. YouTube - I honestly don't know anybody that doesn't like this website, what's there to hate? You can create your own videos to share and watch other people's. The videos on YouTube range from comedy to vlogging to even educational videos, teaching you how to learn an instrument or an art. One of my favourite people on YouTube is Jenna Marbles who posts hilarious videos! It is very easy to gain fame from this website because your videos are posted worldwide and people can share and talk about it via social networking sites or just simply talking about it.
4. DooYoo - of course how could I forget this site ;) I love being able to write reviews on this website even if I'm not very good at it, because it's an enjoyable way to spend my time and I'm trying to earn enough money to give to charity. The only thing I don't like is getting mean comments from people but then again who would like that.
5. Tumblr - Tumblr is a website used for people to post photos and create their own blogs. You can follow other people like you can on Twitter and reblog photos and posts onto your own blog. Many people have themed blogs on Tumblr like summer themed where they post summer pictures and write about summer. This website is also good for businesses who want to get the word out about what they do.
6. Google - This is a website I use for like anything I want to find out. For example, if I want to know an answer to a sum or a translation from a different language, I just type it into google and it will come up with lists of options that might have the answer you're looking for. This is so useful and helps you to find other websites like this one!
7. AOL - I use this website for one of my email accounts and whenever I got to log in it always has a selection of news articles at the side. Other members of my family also use this website and we all agree that the stories it shows are really interesting and catch your eye very easily, distracting you from doing what you went in for!
8. Amazon - I love this website so much! If I ever need something like a book or CD it's always the first place I got to for finding a good product with a suitable price. It also compares prices and gives you other recommendations that suit you well based on what you have been searching. Whoever created this site is a genius!
9. Ebay - this is so useful if you want to buy something for a good price ranging from clothes to cars! People can sometimes be put off by the second hand aspect, but a lot of products on the website are sold from brand new! I use Ebay mainly for selling things I no longer want and can make money out of. It's so useful and many home businesses are run on Ebay.
10. Yahoo - The reason I say this is because whenever I need help with something like a technical problem, I type it into Google and it always comes up with a Yahoo Answers link. This relieves me because it helps to know you're not the only one having that problem and you can check out all the different answers that are given.
Thankyou sososososo much for reading this! please rate and comment if you have any queries I'd love to hear them thans again! :)
Summary: Hope you decide to check out some of these websites if you don't already use them
More reviews in the field of Internet Site Feature / Discussion
- Trying To Keep It Real....In The Online Sense At Least!
- Ten you might not have seen
- Be careful if you plan to make an order with bestpet.co.uk, the pet pharmacy web ...
- My Personal Top Ten Websites.
- My 3 Favourite Arty Websites :)
- I may bicker about you as though am your other half Dooyoo but I love you!
- Meta Milestone
- Ten of Many: Internet sites I use.