Newest Review: ... with signing up to different websites and receiving far too much junk mail. In the last year or so, I started up a London Black Cab Co... more
Quick and easy access to e-mail
Member Name: Liddi
Advantages: Easy set up and user interface
Disadvantages: Limit on attachments
Hotmail is a great way to set up an e-mail account for anything!
I have used hotmail for over seven years and have never had any problems with it yet. As a student I have used it to transport my work and send e-mails to my friends below are a list of the advantages and disadvantages I feel the website has.
- Simple user interface anyone can use this I have been using the site from a young age for the features it offers and I know my grandparents also have accounts.
- Great news page; on signing out of hotmail MSN appears giving you the latest news on demand.
- Quick Set Up - I have used the site to create personal e-mail addresses, e-mail addresses for my Young Enterprise Company as well as e-mail addresses to keep in touch with my family. Because of the quick and easy set up you can create an account and send an e-mail within minutes.
- Organising folders - This is made very simple through the managing folders features just a click away. This enables the user to organise their mail in to folders i.e. shopping, family, work etc.
- Attachment files limit - In the unlikely event that you want to send a large document over e-mail this is not possible as hotmail has a limit of 10mb. Meaning you cannot send large picture or video files unless you purchase a premium account.
Features that the Windows Live Hotmail account enables you to do:
- MSN Messenger; This feature allows you to Instant Message (IM) your friends and family.
- Xbox Live; In order to activate your xbox live account you need to have a Windows Live Account enabled.
- Calendar; You can add events to your own calendar on your account.
- MSN Space/ Profile; You can personalise and create your own account where you can post blogs and images for public or private viewing.
In summary I think Hotmail is great as it provides a free way to e-mail friends and family and the range of features that it has on top of that make it even better and even more worthwhile having one!
I would reccommend this site for anyone!
Summary: Great Site!