Newest Review: ... way of dealing with it. My account has become totally unuseable because of all the spam, I am not prepared to trawl through 50 obscene me... more
Solid email Service & Free Shares!!
Member Name: ordy
Date: 26/09/01, updated on 02/10/01 (251 review reads)
Advantages: Free Shares, Quick, Easy
I have been with totalise email for about 2 years now and I am very happy with the service. I use the web based email service as I travel extensively and it is useful to be able to access emails anywhere in the world on anybody's PC.
The following plus points apply to this product :-
1. emails are sent quickly and reliably. I cannot think of an example where I have had to wait a long time for someone to send an email, nor have I lost any (either incoming or outgoing) into cyberspace.
2. There is no storage capacity, so I can keep as many emails as I like in my inbox or folders.
3. Downtime is very low. Sure it has happened when they upgrade their network (or similar excuses), but they tend to inform you in adavance when these occurances are and they are short and infrequent. I have used other web based email systems who have gone down for days without notice.
4. Response time is generally quick. This is a harder one to measure of course as sometimes when things go slow it can be the fault of your ISP.
5. I get free shares in Totalise simply for using the email service. OK they are woth very little, but it is a nice gesture anyway and, who knows, maybe one day they will be worth something??!!!
6. It is very easy to use.
I like Totalise a lot and would recommend it to anyone. The only risk is that, like many internet companies, there is a risk that heyu go bust in which case I may lose my email address. Worth the risk though IMHO.
UPDATE :- The day after I wrote this I cannot get into my Totalise email account!!!!!!! Surely it has not been swamped with Dooyoo members??