reviewstream.com

• image
12 Reviews

Reviews for dollars.

• Write a review >
    How do you rate the product overall? Rate it out of five by clicking on one of the hearts.
    What are the advantages and disadvantages? Use up to 10 bullet points.
    Write your reviews in your own words. 250 to 500 words
    Number of words:
    Write a concise and readable conclusion. The conclusion is also the title of the review.
    Number of words:
    Write your email adress here Write your email adress

Your dooyooMiles Miles

12 Reviews
    Sort by:
      09.05.2010 12:57

Advantages

Disadvantages

A decent site to write reviews and to earn some Paypal spending money

Reviewstream.com is another site where you get paid to write reviews; the rate goes by 2.50$ or 0.50$ per review at the moment. Sounds good? Well do read on!

_______________________________________

There is no account creating process with this site (and no community for that matter) you just choose your nickname and write your email adress (has to be the same as your Paypal email so you will get paid - you can not transfer funds from different email addresses) - whenever you want to write a new review you just use your nickname and email.

Writing reviews for them has a certain criteria;
      -they have to be unique and not published anywhere else
      -it does not state how long your review has to be but if it is too short it wont want to submit it - the minimum is around the same as is here on Dooyoo
      -it has to be written in proper english

You can write about anything you want you do not have to search it in a catalogue or give a suggestion like here. So this is a plus.

_______________________________________

So you wrote your review and now you want to submit it;
      Before you submit your review you have to tick a few boxes;
      -agreeing to TOS (logical)
      -certify that the review is yours etc.

And a last one that is optional;
      -choosing if you are ready to receive payment in bulk rate

This needs some explanation probably, you have a normal pay rate of (curentlly) 2.5$ per review and a bulk rate of 0.5$ (always one fifth of normal rate). So how this goes, you write a review, the review is evaluated and if it is unbelievably fantastic you will get paid 2.5$ - but even if you do write amazing reviews there is no guarantee you will be paid the normal rate, from my experience it is more likely though to get the normal rate writing reviews about electronics, medicine and beauty products where with everything else there is a bigger chance you will be paid bulk rate.
      So I already wrote that bulk rate is a payment of 0.50$. This is awarded to reviews that are good enough (meet the criteria and are not rejected) but are (for the reasons unknown) not extremely good to be awarded the normal rate.
      So if you ticked the box saying you are ready to get paid in bulk rate you and your review does not "qualify" to be paid with a normal rate you will get 0.50$, if you did not tick the box and review will not be accepted for normal rate it will get logically rejected and you can rewrite it, add a paragraph or two and try again.
      Ticking this box does not mean that you will automatically get the bulk rate, you will get what you deserve (by criteria unknown). I have a decent share of 2.5$ review but a majority is still in bulk rate.

_______________________________________

OK the review is submitted what now?
      You will get a confirmation email saying you sent the review and it will take up to 72 business hours to see how was your review accepted (or not). You check the status of your reviews on control panel - which is really weird to access - you have to go to write review - and in the left up corner there is a box displaying news on the site - you have to scroll down to update from Aug 5 2009 (luckily they have like 2-3 updates a year so it's not that hard to find) and click the link control panel. I suggest you bookmark the link for easier access next time. You write in your email and get to your review history (it is a bit weird that no password is needed and anyone could access this site but to a relief this control panel offers nothing else then information on your reviews - how much they were paid and a list of them) and there you see if your review was accepted.

They do not reject reviews very often, I think I only got two rejected and both were reviews from internet sites so this might be a category one should stay clear of. Their simple explanation was that they are not interested in the review.

Does the site pay?

I can, after lots of hard hard work say it does pay! And it pays quick! But the minimum withdraw limit is 50$ so with lots of bulk rates and days without inspiration it will take you quite some time to get to that amount. But when you finally reach it you request your payment through your email you are using (writing something like Hi! I would like my payment!) and you can be paid in minutes. I got my payment in few hours.

_______________________________________

There is also a voting payment scheme - people can vote on your reviews and a vote is worth 0.10$ - but you will probably never get this money because the votes are not added to your review account they are counted for each review individually and you only get paid if a single review gets 50 positive votes so a minimum 5$ then you get paid. I think that maximum votes I got (and I really tried) on a review was 9. But if you are lucky enough, well done!

_______________________________________

Conclusion

I like review stream, when I have absolutely nothing better to do.
      If I would compare it to Dooyoo I have to say that Dooyoo is better, even if Reviewstream in a way offers more money (2.5$ if you get it) the lack of community de-motivates you from writing.

I like how Dooyoo offers information on how many people have read your review and members voting on it and this gives you some feel of achievement you know your work did not go in vain. And this is something I really miss at reviewstream.com You can't loose the feeling that you are writing your review to no-one although I am sure this is not the case.

But the site is still good in the matter that it pays you on Paypal and we all know that money that is sent directly on Paypal is so much easier to spend (without guilt) on ebay for useless but fun things.

04.05.2010 14:29

Advantages

Disadvantages

Write for Review Stream and earn money writing reviews.

Review Stream is a website that you can write reviews for.

You will be paid an amount for each review that is written, providing you write the review to their guidelines. You can write a review about any product, destination, place, restaurant, hotel etc, providing you state as much information as possible about it and give your own personal opinion, which is what Review Stream is looking for. They like reviews to be personal giving readers information on why they liked or disliked the product that they are writing about.

Once you submit your review, an email will be sent stating that they have received it and that you will be informed within 72 hours if the review is going to be published or not. If they are going to publish it and you have given them sufficient information on the product, you will either be paid something between $0.80 to $2.50 for it, otherwise they will pay a percentage of that fee, which can be 0.80 to 1.20 depending on how much information you have given in the review. Overall, Review Stream is an easy website to write for and you can earn good money doing this.

Read more:
        three-top-websites-to-write-for#ixzz0mxI31mM8
        written by Denise Larkin - myself.

03.02.2010 18:24

Advantages

Disadvantages

Don't even hope for payout number two

I am always on the look out for sites that are going to pay me for my writing. I have tried a few, some with laboured success, some a waste of time and in all honesty only one that is straightforward, to the point, pays out and generally does what it says on the tin - i.e. good old Dooyoo.

Some writing sites pay relatively 'decent' amounts (comparitively speaking), but will require that you have a maths PhD in order that you can understand how you stay eligible for payment.

Reviewstream.com, it would seem at first glance pay well, but this not the case. They pay well provided they accept every piece you provide. Back then it was $2 or 40 cents for every 'bulk payment'.

You see the items are reviewed before being published. You have a choice of accepting the lower bulk payment, by ticking the appropriate box. This seems pointless - the piece is either good enough or it isn't.

I am guessing that if it is not in the electronics category, (a high earner for their ads), but still 'good enough' this is where they decide they are going to accept it in a bulk payment basis.

They should pay you through paypal once your account reaches $50. However!

Sounds easy right? Are you willing to try it?

Here is how it will probably pan out for you.

You will submit a number of reasonable pieces, get some rejections, resubmit some with the bulk box paid. Eventually, through a combination of $2.00 and 40 cents pieces you will almost reach your payout. This is where you will start getting uber-rejections. You might be lucky and get to the threshold and email them for payment.

Admittedly payment will come through pretty quickly.

Round two:

Over the months you will go through this process again and be striving towards your second payout. Forget about reaching it! Sooner or later (well before you reach threshold for payment no. 2) you will get an email accuseing you of copying your own work!!! Even though you are well aware that you cannot use your own work that you have written elsewhere and avoided soing so!

Your account will then be struck off. However they will still keep your pieces up and they will still earn advertising revenue from YOUR pieces.

The terms and conditions are a bit sketchy on who owns the copyright to the pieces submitted. So if you value owning copyright on your pieces anyway, irrespective of what you are being paid, give it a miss.

Don't bother emailing to complain about anything, you'll just get a rude reply.

Stick with Dooyoo!

20.01.2010 17:25

Advantages

Disadvantages

Stay on Dooyoo

I used to write on Review Stream,Certainly am happy than I no longer write on there. They do offer a better payment though on there with a good review being offered 2 dollars which is 1 pound 30 pence! They also offer 20p which is 0.40 cents this is payed to the reviews they feel are alright.

After writing ten reviews on the website only 2 of them which are short reviews got paid 1.30. The rest of them were over 400 words long but got paid only 20 pence. They say they will take 72 hours to let you know about your reviews. Infact for me they took a week so they do not keep their promises right.

The reviews you find on the website are not helpful either. You can review about anything you want but be prepared for rejection on the spot. I wrote a review about Facebook and straight away they sent me a rejection message on the website. Just imagine you write something they are not interested about it would waste your time. Review Stream are stupid for doing this because it just wastes people time.

You need 50 dollars to request payment on the website which takes for ever if you get 20p a review. Just stick to Dooyoo and not write on there because they are not a trust worthy website like I found out.

30.09.2009 18:50

Advantages

Disadvantages

I'm out of here!

Ask me thoughts about the american site Reviewstream and up to a few days ago it would have all been quite on the positive scale..so what went wrong?

Well last year my penpal (Leeanne160480) introduced me to world of Dooyoo, and a few months later told me about another paid review site she had found called Reviewstream.

I immediately took to Dooyoo and found it easy to use so assumed the same of Reviewstream.

My first impressions of the site were of confusion - it all seemed a bit of a 'mish mash' - all over the place and not quite as easy and user friendly looking as it's counterpart Dooyoo.

First a quick rundown of the site:
            Find a user name
            Submit and wait to see if it's been accepted
            Get paid
            Once your account totals $50 you can request payment through paypal..how simple..or is it?

You don't actually enter any personal details or even log in like you do on some other sites. What happens is you enter a user name and check if it's available. If it is then you press the write review button and you're away. There is an A to Z index to your right on the home page and you simply find a category and start writing about what ever takes your fancy.

The thing that appealed most about this site is they say you can write about everything and they pay $2 per review..Fantastic!

However nothing in life is ever so simple and straightforward, and this site is no exception.

Yes they will pay you $2 for a review if they deem it good enough. What would probably be crownworthy on here would no doubt be rejected by Reviewstream, and what you may write in a rush and submit thinking "No way will they accept it let alone pay me for it" will no doubt net you the full $2..crazy!

So whilst they lure you to the site with promises of $2 there is also the bulk rate they pay you as well.

What's the bulk rate? I hear you ask, well..
            The bulk rate is what they decide to pay you if they buy your work but don't think it's up to scratch. At present it's 40c, so it's better than nothing but only just!

You have to tick a box saying that when you submit your review you are willing to be paid at that rate (if you don't get the $2). By not ticking the box you risk your review being instantly rejected so they have you over a barrel really!

Up until a few months ago you had to wait with baited breath for 72 hours to receive a confirmation email telling you whether your review had been published or rejected. Then the site changed and when you submitted your work you were instantly told on the screen if it had been accepted and how much you were being paid for it which I found a much better system.

So what went wrong?
            Well I finally got up to $49 and submitted what I thought was a good review and at the time they paid me the bulk rate. Fair enough. Then 3 days later they sent me an email telling me my account had been debited by 40c as they had decided now they thought it was 'trash' - classy!

This happened again and I was sure they were getting out of trying to pay me. I knew they DID pay out as I knew people that had been paid successfully.

After a review I wrote took me over the $50 mark I instantly emailed them and requested payment.
            I was unsure whether I would really be paid but but around 10 minutes later there was a confirmation email saying $50 had been paid into my paypal account.

I checked paypal, and with their fee and conversion into sterling, there was £31 from reviewstream.

So I was happy that they did pay out so started writing again on the site. Disappointingly though I seemed to get the bulk rate for a lot of my work until I reached $11 then my next 3 reviews were accepted at $2 each.

A few days ago I was checking through my emails when I came upon one from reviewstream.

On reading I was gobsmacked that they had "Closed my account as they believed I had commited fraud"!!

I was so angry I sent them an email asking for an explanation and they sent one back saying that I had written about the same subject on here as I had on reviewstream and this is strictly forbidden as they only accept original work and you can't post your review anywhere else.

This I knew and adhered to all the time though I did more often than not write about the same subject as on here but did completely different reviews.
            They have never had a problem before with it so what changed I don't know?

I emailed back to ask but got a short sharp and nasty reply with 'Your account is closed do not contact us again" in amongst it.

So for anyone who is thinking of giving Reviewstream a go, a bit advice:
            They DO pay out but please be very careful.
            As for me? Well Dooyoo has always been far superior in my opinion so I'm sticking with here!

One tarnished star for them because I did receive a payment..

More Comments
              19.09.2009 13:13

Advantages

Disadvantages

I struggle to find one !

I am or rather was a member of Reviewstream and in all honesty this is a site that I have really struggled to understand. I joined Reviewstream about a year ago and one of the main reasons that I joined was that you could write about any subject under the sun.
              The home page ( if that is the right term!) is basic to the point of being amateurish yet the way in which the site works is comparatively easy.

Reviewstream works as follows.
              Choose a pen name and then check for availability.
              Write your review in word and then copy and paste it onto their submit review page.
              Then there are a couple of `tick boxes`, one box can be ticked if you are only willing to sell them your review for $2 but if you are willing to accept bulk rate ( which is 40c then you tick both boxes.
              Click to submit the review and wait with bated breath to hear if you are going to be paid $2 or 40c.
              This can take up to 72 hours owing to the way in which Reviewstream process their reviews.
              You can check submission status or your account balance by typing your chosen email address into a box and clicking, Reviewstream say that that part of the site is updated every hour.
              The content of your reviews must be unique, it cannot be submitted or posted to any other review site.

On two occasions I reached payout, I requested my payment and I was paid within the hour which was brilliant service. Plus the contacts at Reviewstream were polite in dealing with my enquiries.
              All in all I was quite pleased, I had earned my money and I had been paid out promptly.

A few months later I decided to write a few reviews for the site again and what a shock I got.
              I aim to make my reviews around the 600 word mark and the reviews I submitted were about cosmetics.
              Firstly I received an email saying that my account had been cancelled due to fraudulent use ( this was after they had indeed accepted at least half a dozen 600 plus word reviews ) and that they no longer `wished to do business with me`.
              I mailed Reviewstream and asked them for an explanation and my account was reinstalled after they admitted an error.
              So I tickled away at my computer keys and wrote another eight reviews which were accepted and by that time my account had been credited with somewhere around $16. Some reviews had been paid at $2 others had only earned the 40c.
              I was more than willing to take the good with the bad and accepted that some reviews could well earn more than others.

Out of the blue I received another email that was quite intimidating. Apparently I had submitted two reviews which were about the same product, both products were named in the email that was received and I could do nothing but laugh, the products were entirely different!!

That was the turning point for me and I decided that Reviewstream were quite welcome to keep my $16, which still remains in my account some months later.
              If you look at the reviews on the site then you will see some very ropey efforts, some are full of spelling mistakes and others are just but a few words long.

I would imagine that the site could be good if it was properly managed and my initial experiences were positive. But if you start to receive emails that sound oddly threatening then I think that it is time to call it a day.
              Life can be odd sometimes but you learn by your mistakes !

19.07.2009 13:51

Advantages

Disadvantages

Do as they want and you'll get your rewards!

Reviewstream.com seems to be coming in for some bad stick, I was recommended to it by a fellow dooyooer and appreciated the advice. Reviewstream works in a similar way to dooyoo but both its interface and the way it works is quite a bit different. First of all, unlike on Igougo and Ciao, you can't simply copy over your review that you've used here. That's not to say that you can't write about the same product that you have done on here but it has to be original work.

Next up, the layout of the website is pretty scrappy and unlike here where you have a given username, there you have a temporary pen name and an e-mail address which is tied to the review.

It's a common mistake to assume that all review sites want the same material but just because reviewstrea say they accept reviews on everything from Paris to your grandmother's cat, it doesn't mean they'll pay well for it. In my experience - reviews of around 300 words or more of things like restaurants, hotels and airlines will earn you the $2 a review. Reviewstream.com can reject your review if they don't want it or find that it's not specific enough and they may also pay you the bulk rate which is usually $0.40 - if they do want it but it's not as good as they'd like.

Once you've reached the $50 limit, you receive payment - I've not got that far yet but I hear they pay relatively quickly.

I like the facility where you can check the progress of your review by typing in your e-mail address. With a little bit of practice, it's easy to find out what sort of reviews float their boat and make a tidy profit from the site. The payment status is updated usually within 72 working hours since the submission of the review, although in my experience they don't always keep to their promise.

31.05.2009 19:30

Advantages

Disadvantages

Don't bother

I signed up for Review Stream from a recommendation on dooyoo. I have since read many other reviews from dooyoo members and it's a bit of a mixed bag. I guess this site has worked for some people. For me, I couldn't have a lower opinion of it and the rude, arrogant monkeys who run it.

Basically, it's a US site that works similarly to dooyoo, you write reviews, you get paid for them. It is all a bit messy on this site however, and things don't work quite as smoothly. You don't have a profile and login like you do here, instead you sign in by being logged into your email account. I found this all a bit strange, and cold. There is definately no community spirit whatsoever here. You write under a penname which can even be changed for each review, which I thought was bizarre.

You can write reviews on anything. You don't have to find the product, or suggest it if it isn't there like on dooyoo. Instead you simply type in the name or the product in a box above your written review. I guess in a way this is good for the writer. Dooyoo's downfall is how long the suggestions take to go through sometimes, and with review stream you can get writing straight away. However, lets not get away from why we write these reviews in the first place. It's all about consumer informaton, right? So say I wanted to read a review on a certain product, the fact that all the reviews on a product are under slighty different names is going to make it harder for me to find what I'm looking for. This is typical of the site. It's just not very well organised at all.

Reviews have no minumum word count, so write as sloppy reviews as you like. (There are some awful ones on here.) You rate the product out of 10 rather than 5, which I liked better, sometimes on here, I just want to give a 4 1/2! Once submitted, you are sent an email confirmation and it's 72 hours before you hear if it's been accepted and what they are going to pay you, if anything. They lure people in to start writing with their $2 per review. In addition to this however, they have a bulk rate of 40 cents if they don't think your review is worth the $2 rate. When you submit your review you can check a box which says 'I'm ready to get paid at the bulk rate' which means you are willing to accept the 40 cents if they don't think it good enough to be paid $2. If you do not check this box and they don't pay you premium rate, you get nothing.

I submitted around five reviews before I was kicked out (I'll come to that in a minute). One of them, an electronics review was awarded the $2, all the rest were given the bulk rate. I have to disagree that the electronics one was the best review but they are very biased on the subjects you submit. Travel and electronics will get you far. Anything else don't expect anything more than a measly 40 cents.

The other thing with this site is it wants exclusive rights to your reviews. They cannot be posted anywhere else other than review stream. I thought this was fair enough and started sharing my new reviews between dooyoo and review stream.

The problems started I wrote a review on my laptop and submitted this to them. Admittedly I've written a review on this subject before, however I've had this computer a few years now and so could offer more information and personal experience. I knew review stream wanted new reviews, they didn't state that you couldn't have covered a product in a review previously. I thought my review was clear, informative and I was rather proud of it!Knowing they like electronics reviews I thought they were bound to give me $2 for this one.

To my horror, I received a short, blunt email from review stream three days letter which simply said that I was a fraudster, that my review was previously submitted a on Ciao (and provided a link), that my account was closed and that they would not cooperate with me any more. I did join Ciao many moons ago and posted some of my early, terrible dooyoo reviews on there. I only visited once or twice and hated it, and have never been back since. (My thought son ciao I'll leave until another time!) I definately have not gone on there to rip off someone's review. I clicked on the link and nothing, Ciao had a message up saying the page did not exist so I'm still none the wiser on this review I'm supposed to have ripped off. If they have indeed found my old Ciao account, I still don't see how they can accuse me of fraud. The review I wrote for them, was new regardless of whether the subject matter was the same.

In review streams email they claimed my 'account' (although you don't really have an account do you) was closed, however I was still able to login through my email, my picture was still on the site and my reviews we there to be read. I was fuming. They accused me of being a fraud, kept my reviews and now were not going to pay me for anything I'd submitted so far.

Payout on review stream is done by Paypal, once you've reached the $50 threshold. I'd only 'earned' $5 but that was still a lot of my time writing reviews for them for nothing.

I emailed them, to contest their accusations and informed them their link did not work. I recieved a reply 24 hours later which said nothing but the following "Obviously you're a cheater and you know that. We're not interested in cooperation with you." Not obvious to me, review stream.

Furious, I emailed them back to make a complaint. Admittedly now, it was in the heat of the moment, I shouldn't have bothered. I knew they would not accept anything I said and they 'obviously' had their own agenda. I was not expecting the reply I got however, which directly called a not only a cheater, but a stupid cheater! I can not understand how they can get away with speaking to people the way that they do. It's a difficult one as I'm not really a 'customer' to them and not a worker either. It seems this type of company does not fall into any category where you have a higher power to complain to. They answer only to themselves and as such can be as downright rude as they like. I've never been spoken to as rudely by any company I've dealt with, regardless of the issue in hand. Even if I was a cheat, I would have though a company who is all about good quality writing (supposedly) could construct their replies politely with some integrity rather than resorting to name calling. I wonder would they speak to aggressively if I wasn't over the other side of the world, just a thought.

It seems to me these people just don't want to pay out. I have seen many comments on the site of people that have done well and been paid out to. I guess they need some good feedback to keep people coming in. Maybe they didn't like the fact I was sending in good reviews and regulary. Maybe I was to be too expensive for them. Who knows.

To sum up, there is still only one review site and that's dooyoo. Apart from the rude emails and accusations, review stream's site is clumsy, they don't pay as well as they promise and there is no community spirit. If you are one of the lucky ones it may be worth a try, there are reviews on here from people who have made some money from it. For me, dooyoo pays better financially and in the praise and support from other members.

More Comments
                  12.03.2009 13:22

Disadvantages

I didn't know there were reviews about this site until after I had been writing for it for a bit. The other 3 reviews don't seem to paint a good picture, but I have been paid and find it an alright site, but I still prefer Dooyoo.

The website is www.reviewstream.com. The odd thing about it is that you don't actually sign into it and the website doesn't look very pretty or that. On the main page there is the write review button and the read review button. Down the right hand side there is all the sections for reviews, so instead of clicking on read review which would bring you up to the same list, it is best just to click on what you want to read about. Seemingly they pay you 10c per read (or vote as they call it). I've only read 1 thing and got paid and when I read another thing it said I hadn't read it. I know I can read fast, so I left it on the page for about 3 minutes while I done something else - it wasn't a long review, and went back and they still said I hadn't read it.

How do I write? When you choose to write about something you have to type in your pen name and e-mail address, as all your earnings and reviews are stored against these details. Since it takes them 72 hours to approve your reviews then your pen name isn't official until you are first approved, but you can still keep using the same on. Now you type in the title fo what you are writing about. unlike Dooyoo they don't want fancy titles, just the name of what you are reviewing. If it is a hotel or restaurant then they want the full address, which I tend to look up through Google. You also have to pick what section it would go in such as beauty, perfume, pets and so on.

You write your review and then submit to be paid. There is a bulk rate payment section, which I will cover in a minute. They don't take reviews from any other site, so no cut or paste on here!

Once you have submitted your review they e-mail to say they have received it and it will take 72 hours for approval not including weekends and public holidays. They also e-mail what you have written, and I have kept these until they confirm I have been paid - more on that later.

It always has taken the 72 hours for me and I have had 2 reviews knocked back saying they weren't specific enought. What I have then done is to cut and paste from the e-mail they sent me and add on just 1 more word, or another full stop and strangly enough they have accepted it this way. I don't know if now and again they are chancers, or wheather this is them trying to get you to accept the bulk rate.

What is the bulk rate payment then? Well on their website they say that each review is paid $2, and this rate is subject to change, but it's always been $2 since I joined a month ago. The bulk rate is 20% of the normal price, so you may get 40c for your review, which is still paying, but obviously i'm sure we're all in it for the $2.

For this amount it doesn't seem to be huge long reviews they are looking for, as I can't find a word limit anywhere here. All they ask for is good written reviews, but i've found loads that are really short and rubbish. Weather they just got the 40c i'm not sure.

Now for payment. You can cash in when you get to $50 and they only pay by Paypal. So that's just 25 reviews? easy. Well it is but it isn't. I find that they mostly like reviews about travel, hotels and electronics as they state this on the bottom corner of the front screen, so I have been mostly writing about these subjects, which on Dooyoo I don't tend to write about, as it is a bit harder than describing a bag of crisps! At any time you can request your balance and you enter your e-mail address and they e-mail it straight to you.

The payment side I was well impressed with. I checked my account balance on friday night and had reached $50. To get the money you e-mail them to request it. I put my computer off and checked my e-mail first thing the next morning. I had an e-mail from tehm 2 minutes after I had requested the amount to say that the money was straight into my Paypal account. So I logged into Paypal and transferred it out to my bank and it was in my bank on wednesday morning. great success.

I would recommend everyone on Dooyoo to check this site out as it really does pay and even if you get bored after $50, you will still end up with approx £34 for a little work!

Here's my link if you want to join under me

30.12.2008 21:39

Advantages

Disadvantages

earn from this site by making reviews.

Reviewstream is a site where you would be paid for the review you have made in this site. The rate per review are $2, or $0.4 for the bulk rate. Most of the review that I have submitted in this place are sent to the bulk rate instead of to the full rate review. I think it would not be so easy to earn there because the minimum payment in this site is $50 which almost impossible for someone to achieve that number.
                    To be honest I have never get paid in this site, since I am not that active in this site. I don't think the system there was convenient enought to make reviews. There are no signing up process which made it weird. All you have to do is choose your pen name and put your e-mail there.
                    You would be able to get your balance by sending them e-mail which was a little bit hassle, if you want to know how much you have earned there. The reviews you have sent to them were not automaticly accepted, you have to waid at least 3 days to get t he nitification from the site.
                    I actually like the idea that the site would not automaticly accept any reviews to avoid the copy paster or cheater, but the manual system was also the drawbacks of this site because it would take long time to do all the checkings.

05.12.2008 19:02

Advantages

Disadvantages

A total waste of time tryng to earn a dime, let alone your two dollars.

I'd read mixed words about this site, ranging from "Excellent payouts" to "Don't bother." I discovered it following my one and only visit to Ciao, whose payouts are pathetic. Since most of the negative comments about Review Stream CAME from Ciao, and the RS payouts so much better (almost absurdedly so) I decided to give them a go.

You'll understand where I'm heading with this, when I say I joined this site 3 days after I'd posted with Review Stream and have stayed here ever since, writing for no one else. And this despite the fact Review Stream promise a minimum of $2 for every review submitted! Put another way: I did two reviews for RS, both of which I now bitterly regret ever submitting. Whereas this must be, ohhh ... the ninth I've done here. And I've only just started. (Oh God, no - Ed.)

First the good: Review Stream is NOT a scam site. I just think they have become a victim of their writers' success - or rather, the number of writers hoping to BECOME a success. Because Review Stream will accept anything, no matter how bad the writing quality, they are clugged up to the gills with submissions from all over the globe, on an hourly basis. And anything submitted has to be checked and paid for, no matter how hopeless the cause.

And I do mean ANYTHING. Review Stream are unique in accepting copy on every subject under the sun: your children, your workplace, your pets ... hell, you can even review yourself! Somewhere in there is a place for genuine consumer reviews as seen here, but since these earn no more than Granny's budgerigar (what a character!) it hardly seems worth the effort. A lot of people do make the effort, though, and make a damn good job of it. For every 'Ganrs bugie lol :)' there were at least three of professional standard. Which was why I decided to join them. After all, writers of this callibre wouldn't submit without getting paid. Would they?

Thus it was I submitted my ten pennorthworth on two products requested by readers. I did a good job on them; placing my content firmly between informed fact and personal experience, with just a twinge of humour; and fully editing for SPAG as I always do.

Then came the payment box. You can submit your work in one of two ways: either for the full amount, or the "bulk rate" (which is paid if your work isn't up to scratch). Here are their FAQ's on that score:

"Sometimes we receive reviews that don't match some of our criteria. In these cases we are ready to publish it, but we'll pay you the bulk rate for it.
                    After you have written your review on the Write Review page you'll have to decide if you're ready to get paid at the bulk rate for your review. If yes, check the bulk price box. If not, don't check it.
                    How your payment is evaluated :
                    - If your review meets all of our criteria you'll be paid the regular rate;
                    - If your review doesn't meet some of our criteria, and the bulk rate box was checked, you will be paid at the bulk rate;
                    - If your review doesn't meet some of our criteria, and the bulk rate box wasn't checked, the review will be rejected (you can resubmit it with the bulk rate box checked);
                    - If your review doesn't meet all of our criteria, your review will be rejected whether the bulk rate box was checked or not."

I'd already seen enough of the 'lol' type reviews to realise your work had to be very poor indeed to be rejected, and mine was up there with the best of 'em. So I ticked for the full amount, entered my contact email address, hit the 'send' button ... and wondered what came next. The answer was - nothing.

I now know why they ask for so many submissions of a personal nature. It's the only way readers find out who you are. Normally, there is only one place - outside of a blog - a writer pins content like this, and that is on their profile page. But Review Stream doesn't GIVE you a profile page. It doesn't give you anything, except blind hope. Here's what is SUPPOSED to happen, according to the FAQ's:

"You will receive a confirmation email every time your review will be published. The updated total of your account will be shown in every confirmation email.
                    Additionally you can request your account total anytime on the Request account total page ..."

I was fully expecting their promise of $2 per submission to be a con. What I thought would happen, was that once the 72 hours were up I'd get an email saying my work had been rejected due to not meeting one of their criteria, but that I could resubmit at bulk rates. At which time I would pull it, copyright intact, and post it here for 10 pence more.

Only that didn't happen. I waited and waited; six days went by, and then ten ... I sent them an email asking what was happening - had my work been accepted or not? The answer was a curt reply that yes, my articles had been accepted - at the full rate - before restating the "72 hours" rule. This was at the "144 hours and counting" stage.

"Fine," thought I. "Evidently, three days was a bit ambitious - maybe that goes back to when they were first in business - but if they're paying me four bucks minimum I'll let it pass." I decided to google up the first product I'd reviewed, to see if there was anything I could have added. Aaaand ...

... there was my review, right at the top of the search list, underneath the Google box. Success at last!

Or was it? Because a quick scan through my in box revealed not only that I'd received no payment, but there was no confirmation email from Review Stream either. Nothing. Nada.

And that is the way it has stayed to the present day, one month down the line.

I'd like you to read this, also from their FAQ section:

"Q: Can I publish the same review on my own blog or website? A: It's strongly prohibited. This may cause your account to be terminated.
                    However, to let your blog/website visitors read your reviews you can create "My Reviews" block and place it to your blog/website.
                    The code can be created here."

In other words, they have conned me into writing for them, got two decent reviews up with no end of advertising revenue as a result, given me absolutely nothing in return, AND THEN EXPECTED TO KEEP THE COPYRIGHTS?!

And the trouble is, they will. They have won. Even if I did resubmit those articles to a legitimate paying site, any editor worth their salt would reject them the moment Google displayed the 'plagiarism' sign.

I'm sure Review Stream don't see themselves as con merchants and I'm sure that, if I wait long enough, I WILL get my money. But two reviews is all they're getting from me. Until they get their act together, stop taking the pee-eye-ess and pay their writers in the way they claim they do, then it's their loss - not mine.

I can't give zero stars or that's what I would have done. I'll reconsider if and when I hear from Paypal.

17.10.2008 17:33

Advantages

Disadvantages

Another paid to review site, though checking your balance can be awkward

Ever since I found Dooyoo the review writing industry has become quite appealing to me, though sometimes I find myself running out of things to review! I have, since, been scouring around the internet looking for other ways of earning money from reviewing (don't call me a traitor!).

Whilst searching I came across Review Stream. They claim to pay out up to $2 per review depending on both length and quality. However, after writing my first review I only received a payment of $0.40c for it. Afterwards, I realized that I had checked the box to say I was willingly to receive the bulk rate, which is a fifth of the regular rate which in all honesty seems a little pointless.

The heading banner at Review Stream claims that anything can be reviewed and any review can be paid. You don't have to search through their site for the item either, or add it to their catalogue. You just simply say what you are reviewing when you write the review.

Review Stream seems like a decent enough site, though it is a little awkward to use, as there is no registration or login system. Basically, you choose your pen-name, include your email address, write your review and then submit the form - no registration required. A balance is then registered to the email address you used, which can then be withdrawn through Paypal. The downside of this is that in order to check your balance you have to request that it be sent to your email address.