Product Type: Topshop Bracelet Gold
Newest Review: ... leaf designs (pictured). The ring looks well made, and is intricate in its design. I personally adore the baby pink rhinestone leave... more
Pretty in pink (and gold)
Topshop Ridged Trellis Ring
Member Name: BitterFusion
Topshop Ridged Trellis Ring
Advantages: Pretty, wearable on all occasions
Disadvantages: Green finger of doom, price
It is very rare that I venture into Topshop. Don't get me wrong - it's not that I don't like their products, but rather I hate their prices. Everything seems so overpriced that I can rarely justify buying anything from there. However, on one such rare occasion I fell victim to this ring and forked out a precious £9 for it (it costs £10 without student discount).
I was instantly attracted to this ring. Chunky, pretty and sparkly, I was helpless to its charm. The ring is a gold band, with a trellis pattern underneath the gold, stone and rhinestone leaf designs (pictured). The ring looks well made, and is intricate in its design. I personally adore the baby pink rhinestone leaves on the ring, as they look both delicate and attractive. I think the ring is most suited to sit on the second, third or fourth fingers of your hand, due to its size. On these fingers, it takes up about a third of the length of the finger, and is therefore quite obvious when worn.
The ring comes in sizes S/M/L. I opted for the L size, which I believe to be a mistake on my part now, as the ring only fits comfortably on my second finger, and falls off my middle and index finger. This is a shame as I would have preferred to wear it on my index finger, and so I would advise trying it on in store before deciding which size to opt for.
One negative point I have about this ring, as with most costume jewellery, is that prolonged wear of this ring turns my finger green, which looks both disgusting and cheap. However, I have read that applying clear nail varnish to the inside of the ring can help to combat this problem, as it builds a barrier between the metal of the ring and the skin. An additional negative is that the gold colouring on the bottom of the ring has begun to fade already, revealing the silvery type metal beneath it. I have had this problem before with other gold coloured jewellery, and so it does not surprise me too much, but I do think it looks a little shabby if half your jewellery is gold coloured and the other half is silver coloured.
On the whole, I enjoy wearing the ring. It is very pretty, and a pleasure to wear (minus the green finger), gaining lots of compliments from my peers. I have worn it on nights out, as well as casually, and find it suitable for most occasions. I am not sure it is worth £10 at the end of the day, but I do think it's a lot more attractive than many other high street shop rings, and so do not regret the buy.
Summary: Attractive ring
More reviews in the field of Jewellery
- Pandora? Reminds me of Avatar!
- Treasure life's precious moments with Clogau
- Pandora Suitcase Charm
- A pair of earrings to add style and panache to outfits
- Charmed my girlfriend with this
- Avon cupcake charm
- My prince charming
- My beautiful fairy friend
- Cennin Pedr Hardd Cymraeg
- Protecting my Clogau asset
- Zoe & Morgan Cobra hoop earrings
- Maria Francesca Pepe Rihanna chain with diamond pendant
- Zoe & Morgan Rough diamond ring
- Maria Francesca Pepe Flat pointed black ring
- Zoe & Morgan Rose LOVE ring
- Mission E921 Stainless Steel 2 Tone Blue Faux Fake Ear Plug
- Mission E879 7mm Stainless Steel Rainbow Gay Pride Gender Symbol Circle Stud Ear ...
- Mission E692 10mm Stainless Steel Colourful Dot Art Paint Circle Stud Earrings
- Mission E395 4mm Plain Stainless Steel Ball Stud Earrings E395
- Mission E203 4mm Stainless Steel Red Resin Ball Circle Stud Pair of Earrings in ...