Newest Review: ... has a bright yellow strip down the side with bumbles bees all down it and there is a bright yellow sign stating Honey hill and showing a bu... more
What a noise!
Honey Hill : Noisy Day
Member Name: emmad5689
Honey Hill : Noisy Day
Advantages: Cute animals, teaches animals, sounds and instruments, free
Disadvantages: Pictures could be brighter
We have recently started trying to get our one year old to sit and have a story with us as it took until about aged two and a hlf before our eldest would entertain sitting and reading with us. I have recently pulled out all my eldests old baby books and found this one tucked away.
The book is by Honey Hill and is called Noisy day, the front cover of the book shows a cartoon dog with maracas in his hand and on a background of musical notes and stars. The left hand side of the book has a bright yellow strip down the side with bumbles bees all down it and there is a bright yellow sign stating Honey hill and showing a bumble bee on it. The front cover of the book is drawn in a number of bold colours making it attractive which you would expect from a babies book.
The book is about the pupils at Honey Hill Jack the dog, Rafi the rabbit, Olivia the mouse, Oscar the gerbil and Lucy the hippo all playing their instruments. Each character in the book is playing a different instrument and then at the end of the book there are two flaps one on either page shaped like curtains which your child can pull up to reveal the animals all playing together. I like that the book introduces different instruments but we also use it to point out the different animals so our daughter learns a little more from it too.
The pictures in the book are all nicely coloured and each page has musical notes flying around, there are different sound words on each page such as shake, jingle and boom and then there are little pictures hung on the walls in the background. There are only five double pages and only a few words on each one so it is ideal for young babies although mine doesn't seem too keen. I don't think her reaction to the book is due to the actual book but more the fact she just doesn't want to sit still and read a book although we are working on it. I think the book is lovely and the characters are cute and even better is the book was originally from Bookstart and so it was free.
I originally wrote this review a couple of months ago and my daughter has suddenly really taken to books in a big way and now really loves sitting reading this book especially when her sister shouts the sounds and makes her laugh.
Summary: A nice simple little book
More reviews in the field of Junior Book
- Dirty Beasts!
- A little book for little people - with a jumbo dose of fun!
- Would you prefer to be a Duckbill or a Tyrannosaurus?
- Baby Giggles again and again and again
- Aliens love to visit our house every night for underpants!
- The Kids Book Of Wordsearches
- Oh no!I cant find my underpants again. Oh dear, its the Aliens!
- What's that noise?
- Peppa Pig Official Annual 2013
- Tracing and Pen Control - Roger Priddy
- Peter's Railway The Picnic - Christopher Vine
- The Wolf's Story - Toby Forward
- Wibbly Pig: Is It Bedtime Wibbly Pig? - Mick Inkpen
- Little Miss Library: Little Miss Christmas - Roger Hargreaves
- Sabrina, the Teenage Witch: Wake-up Call - Diana G. Gallagher
- Sabrina, the Teenage Witch: Tiger Tale - Mel Odom