Newest Review: ... Little Bear going home, however their journey home isn't just a nice quiet walk there are noises that little bear can hear, plods, plops a... more
Member Name: xjemloux
Let's Go Home, Little Bear - Martin Waddell
Advantages: a lovely story with humour
Disadvantages: for us, none
My 4 year old twins love me reading them a story at bedtime and are not fussy what books I read but they are starting to realise what their favourites are. I've picked up many books from charity shops to read to them and one of these favourites have been Martin Waddell's Let's Go Home, Little Bear.
The story itself involves 2 bears, Big Bear and Little Bear going home, however their journey home isn't just a nice quiet walk there are noises that little bear can hear, plods, plops and woo's which makes little bear just that little bit nervous. Throughout the book we can enjoy reading Big Bears caring and loving nature as he comforts Little Bear on their journey home.
The story may sound a little boring but these plods and plops make for funny reading with my boys it adds a little humour to the story alongside the caring and love, the nervousness and the happy ending. It is written very realisticly seeing as the 2 bears are walking through woods so my boys can really imagine these particular noises that little bear hears yet when they hear the fun plod plods and woo woo's they can't help but giggle, especially as they know Big Bear will tell them everything will be fine as the noise is just something so simple.
It's a very caring and comforting story, one that certainly puts a happy ending to our bedtime routine.
My boys also like looking at the beautiful illustrations on the book, they all look like they have been painted and they can see the expressions on the bears faces, such as when little bear becomes a little nervous of a certain noise.
The RRP on the back of this book is £5.99 and it is definitely a book I'd recommend.
Summary: a good read for children
More reviews in the field of Junior Book
- That's not my fairy - girly but still a popular bedtime choice
- Just like the film!
- The strange world of Roald Dahl...
- Even the most dis-engaged readers LOVE this book!
- A Hole New Adventure for Armpit and X-Ray
- Try This and You May Like it
- Paleontology for nursery age children.
- Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
- Angelina and the Princess - Katharine Holabird
- Dora the Explorer Alphabet Adventure
- Row, Row, Row Your Boat - David Ellwand
- Mickey Mouse Clubhouse How Many Animals?
- Krankenstein's Crazy House of Horror - Jeremy Strong
- Mr. Men Library: Mr. Nobody - Roger Hargreaves
- Mr. Men Library: Mr. Happy and the Wizard - Roger Hargreaves
- Little Miss Library: Little Miss Trouble and the Mermaid - Roger Hargreaves