Newest Review: ... definitely time to upgrade to something better. The Breville VKJ115 is a good quality kettle, which is clearly well-made. It won't blow ... more
Sleek, modern-looking kettle that does what it should, and fast!
Member Name: DonPaolo
Advantages: Looks smart, boils quickly
Disadvantages: Not exactly hi-tech, but does it need to be?
A kettle is definitely not one of the most exciting purchases you will make when you move into your first home, but it is an essential one. We had originally bought a supermarket's own-brand kettle, toaster, microwave, etc, just for ease and value, but after about 6 months it was definitely time to upgrade to something better.
The Breville VKJ115 is a good quality kettle, which is clearly well-made. It won't blow the budget at around 15-20 pounds, but will do exactly what you need it to (boil a couple of litres of water) whilst not looking like a tacky plastic mess. It does look smart, and blends in nicely to a modern kitchen.
Another key advantage is the speed. I have a tea or coffee every morning with my breakfast, and the water is always boiled by the time I've got the cup and tea bags out of the cupboard, so no hanging around waiting. Larger volumes of water are the same - it only take s a couple of minutes to boil enough for a large pan of pasta.
The model has a good secure lid with locking mechanism, and an easily readable transparent capacity measure at the side. There are no other real exciting 'features' to speak of with this kettle, although I've always been at a loss to explain why kettles should do anything other than boil water. If you like your kettles with flashing neon light displays and a built-in GPS system, you will have to look a little higher up the market!
Summary: All you need in a kettle!
|Ease of use:|
More reviews in the field of Kettle
- Shall we look through the blue window to see the dance of the boiling water...?
- Good quality kettle
- Still going strong at three years old!
- The Angelina Jolie of Kettles!
- Cheap Kettle
- Chic cup of tea
- Add Some Prestige To Your Cuppa
- Perfect for a temporary kettle... maybe?
- Really love this kettle
- Great, but if you can't fill it you can't use it!
- Elgento E10008SP Cordless Jug Kettle
- Swan SK261020GRAN Dome Kettle
- Prestige 54884 Kettle & Toaster Breakfast Set
- Prestige 53233 Kettle & Toaster Breakfast Set
- Morphy Richards 102501 Accents Cordless Jug Kettle
- Delonghi KBOV3001.C Vintage Icona Kettle
- Prestige Eco Kettle
- Braun Kettle WK300
- Cloer 4111 Cordless Kettle
- Cloer 4019