Newest Review: ... easy to lift with your thumb to fill. You place the kettle on the base, lining the centre of the kettle with the little circle on the bas... more
Not the most attractive kettle!
Cookworks Jug Kettle
Member Name: Keyanna
Cookworks Jug Kettle
Advantages: Holds a lot of water, easy to fill
Disadvantages: Not the most attractive, Noisy, Takes too long to boil, Wire too short
I bought this kettle after my beloved old one stopped working. I purchased it from Argos as the one I originally wanted was out of stock. I must admit I wasn't exactly thrilled when I bought it as in my opinion it's not the most attractive kettle and unlike my last one it doesn't change colour when it boils.
When I first used it I thought it was quite heavy, even when it is empty, compared to others I have used, however now I am used to it I don't notice that any more. The lid is easy to open. You push the button at the top and pull it up. This is much easier than others I've used which you have to pull the entire lid off. The spout also has a filter to stop any lime scale getting into your drink.
This kettle has a 1.7 litre capacity which is good if you have a lot of people round. However I must warn you it is extremely loud so I wouldn't recommend having conversations in the kitchen whilst making it unless you want to be shouting above the noise.
Another reason I can't give this kettle 5 stars is because of how slowly it boils and how short the wire is. Although the kettle itself is cordless the base, of course has to be plugged into a wall socket but I think the wire should be about an inch longer in my opinion.
Overall I must admit I'm not hugely impressed by this kettle but it is reasonably priced but I would recommend you shop around before purchasing as it's by far not the best on the market.
Summary: Could Do Better
|Ease of use:|
More reviews in the field of Kettle
- Kettles, kettles everywhere, but no one's making a brew are they.
- Stylised Kitchen Kettle
- Great kettle, few drawbacks but love the whistle!
- Good cheap kettle - does exactly what you buy a kettle for!
- Basic, simple and cheap!
- So Near And Yet So Far!
- The Russell Hobbs 18943 Cream Colours Kettle
- Basic Boiler
- Changing lights are just a gimmick
- A great kettle!!
- Asda 1.7L
- Morphy Richards 43836 Accents
- Kenwood SKM038 kMix Boutique Traditional
- Kenwood SKM039 kMix Boutique Traditional
- Kenwood SJM044 kMix Cordless Jug Kettle in Black
- Russell Hobbs 18152 Kettle
- Breville VKJ438
- Russell Hobbs 18256 Heritage
- Russell Hobbs 17869 Cordless Jug Kettle 1.6litre 3Kw Rapid Boil Black
- Russell Hobbs 18249 Savannah