Newest Review: ... about it. Starting from the top the lid is difficult to pull off and even after continuous use hasn't loosened any. This isn't bad if... more
Should stop matching things...
DeLonghi KBO3001.BK Icona
Member Name: Lollipop_94
DeLonghi KBO3001.BK Icona
Advantages: Quickly boils, sleek look, holds average amount of water, matches the toaster
Disadvantages: price!! the problems with the first lid, could be slightly bigger
I previously reviewed the Delonghi Toaster CTO4003, giving it 4 stars (not 5 due to the hefty price), therefore i am now going to review the matching kettle!
The Delonghi cordless kettle KBO3001 was bought in the same colour as the toaster (white) for £58.49- that is £2 more than the toaster...
The kettle includes many features such as: a removable lid, a filter in the spout, max water level indicator of 1.7 litres, an on/off switch; a 360 degree base with chord storage; and a plug connecting to the base.
To fill the kettle, you are supposed to take off the lid rather than filling it by the spout- not too time consuming, just quite annoying when in desperate need of a hot drink.
The level of water in the kettle should not be less than 0.3 litres due to the fact that the kettle would run dry and burn itself out; the level of water should also not be more than the maximum of 1.7 litres in case the boiling water overflows and burns someone.
It is a very quick kettle to boil; quicker than previous ones we have had.
However, 2 problems we have had is that: the lid itself was rather difficult to get off, requiring quite a bit of force; and the knob on the lid split (for the price we paid this should not have happened, so we got a replacement).
The replacement lid is fine now, and it is also a lot looser to take off- so perhaps the first lid was just a faulty one.
I would say that this kettle was basically only bought to match the toaster- not really a justified reason to buy it- lesson learnt.
Summary: Only buy if money isn't an issue; there are cheaper ones that are just as good.
|Ease of use:|
More reviews in the field of Kettle
- Why spend more when something cheap will do the job just as well?
- Great kettle but gets dirty quickly.
- Truth Behind the 66% Energy Saving Claim
- Red and Yellow and Pink and Green, Purple and Orange and Blue
- Shiny Shiny Kettle! My precious!
- Letting Off Some Steam
- Lakeland Travel Kettle
- An absolute bargain priced kettle.
- Cup of tea, Father?
- Fresh drinking water available....at a cost!
- Delonghi KBO3001.W Icona Jug Kettle
- Tesco JKRWP12 Plastic Kettl
- Wilko Illuminated Kettle
- KitchenAid Pro Line Series Electric Kettle
- Russell Hobbs 18554 Brita Filter Kettle
- Morphy Richards 102501 Accents Cordless Jug Kettle
- Delonghi KBOV3001.C Vintage Icona Kettle
- Delonghi KBOV3001.BK1 Vintage Icona Kettle
- Breville VKJ558 Cordless Jug Kettle
- Panasonic NC_ZK1VXC Jug Kettle in Violet