Product Type: Prestige kettles
Newest Review: ... more work to tip it than a handle located to the side of the kettle. The Prestige Deco Kettle does have a few little quirks and eac... more
What is it with pink appliances?
Member Name: simodewey
Disadvantages: Rusted, doesn't boil, water gauge inaccurate
What is it with pink appliances. Your girlfriend always wants them, yet if they are pink they can almost be guaranteed not to work. They must sell millions of these (my sister in law got about three for wedding gifts last year)
I may be being a bit unfair on the colour pink. If you buy an appliance based on its aesthetics then you are very likely to be dissapointed.
My main problem is the water gauge - it is woefully innacurate. If it says there's half a litre of water in there, then you probably wont be able to get half a cup. Also, when you fill it up, the water gauge follows a minute or so afterwards often leading to overfilling
It also keeps turning itself off halfway through boiling - meaning that unless you watch it and keep flicking the switch it never boils.
After a few months it had rusted
On the plus side. It has not electrocuted me. It has not burnt down the house. It has not burnt out all the electrics in the house. Thank god for safety regulations.
Summary: Would not buy another
|Ease of use:|
More reviews in the field of Kettle
- Alessi Stovetop
- Bosch TWK8631GB
- Breville VKJ595
- Morphy Richards 43940 Elipta
- Bosch TWK86104GB Cordless Jug Kettle 1.5litre 3.0kW Cranberry Red
- Breville VKJ666 Cordless Jug Kettle 1.7litre 3kW 360° Base S/Steel
- Panasonic NC-DK1WXC Cordless Jug Kettle 1.4litre 3kW LED eel & White
- Panasonic NC-DK1BXC Cordless Jug Kettle 1.4litre 3kW LED eel & Black
- Breville VKJ602 Cordless Jug Kettle 1.5litre 3kW Polished eel
- Bosch THD2063GB Hot Water Dispenser 2.0 Litre Water Tank 5 Temp Setting