Product Type: Russell Hobbs kettles
Newest Review: ... kettle but got my new one for £19.99 which is a bit of a bargain for a good kettle. Whereas the one I replaced it with was wrong on so ma... more
Burnt Fingers, Broken Button
Russell Hobbs 13355
Member Name: mattconnect
Russell Hobbs 13355
Advantages: Easy to use, cheap
Disadvantages: Broken within 2 years, hot!
Our previous Kettle was also by Russell Hobbs but was white on the outside and made of plastic. After about a year or two, it had broke and the plastic was half melted by the end... We decided to get this variety as it had a metal exterior and it looks quite stylish, plus it conducts the heat better to make the product more effective.
Having used this current kettle for about two years, it is still as effective at boiling water as before. It is quick and easy: just put water in, press a button and after three minutes or so, you have hot water!!!
However, there are some major issues that have risen from this appliance. Firstly, the ON/OFF boil button has now broken, so when plugged in, the kettle automatically boils water even after it has been boiled. It keeps doing this, which not only is a waste of electricity, but an extreme annoyance. This is perhaps due to the button being jammed or loose, but either way, it is frustrating to have to deal with it. Secondly, the exterior being metal means that it is extremely hot when water is boiled, which is slightly hazardous. Also, my mum had slightly burnt her hand when pouring the water due to the steam; I advise you to let the water cool a bit before pouring!
The Russell Hobbs Kettle cost under £20 and is super-cheap. Considering it lasted over one year, I'm pretty pleased with this product, even despite the breaking.
Overall, this kettle has been a good product that has lasted longer than expected. It does the job effectively and quickly and for the price, it is definitely worth it. However, there are some problems with the kettle- it is prone to break in some way or another, and the metallic coating is both an advantage and a disadvantage. I like this kettle, but you might not; for the price though, I don't think there is anything to dislike!
Summary: Good for general use
|Ease of use:|
More reviews in the field of Kettle
- Get the kettle on!!
- POLLY PUT THE KETTLE ON. BUT WATCH YOU DON'T OVERFILL IT.
- POLLY PUT OUR £3 KETTLE ON WE'LL HAVE A GLASS OF CHAMPERS WITH THE MONEY WEVE SA ...
- What a KET-ASTROPHE!
- Russell Hobbs 13865 Dual Illuminating Kettle
- Does the job perfectly
- Good kettle good price
- My Favourite Purple Kettle..
- A Kettle on its way to Heaven after causing this Angel hell!
- Fab For a Fiver!
- DeLonghi KBO3001V
- Bosch TWK8631GB
- Breville VKJ595
- Sainsbury's Polished Stainless Steel Jug Kettle
- Swan SK18030 Jug Kettle
- Morphy Richards 43940 Elipta
- Bosch TWK86104GB Cordless Jug Kettle 1.5litre 3.0kW Cranberry Red
- Breville VKJ666 Cordless Jug Kettle 1.7litre 3kW 360° Base S/Steel
- Breville VKJ602 Cordless Jug Kettle 1.5litre 3kW Polished eel
- Bosch THD2063GB Hot Water Dispenser 2.0 Litre Water Tank 5 Temp Setting