Product Type: Russell Hobbs kettles
Newest Review: ... base it is very easy to use. The kettle has a lid open button which should be useful when filling but to be honest I usually forget abou... more
Just my cup of tea!
Russell Hobbs 14590
Member Name: clar
Russell Hobbs 14590
Date: 28/03/11, updated on 28/03/11 (152 review reads)
Advantages: Stylish, quick, easy to use
I bought this kettle about a year ago and have been really pleased with it. I can't bear waiting for kettles that take ages to boil and this one certainly doesn't. The kettle looks stylish and I particularly like the way that it lights up when boiling. Due to the 360 degree rotational base it is very easy to use. The kettle has a lid open button which should be useful when filling but to be honest I usually forget about this and fill through the spout. The kettle does have a removable filter built in but as I lift in a soft water area this isn't a feature I've ever had to pay much attention to.
As the kettle has a transparent panel on the side and volume marked it is easy to see how much water you are putting in. For some reason the scale is a bit lower on the side than on a usual kettle so people not used to using this kettle do frequently make the mistake of overfilling it. The kettle has a 1.7 litre capacity although I rarely have to fill it to the top. Even when full it still boils relatively quickly.
I paid £25 for this kettle and it is great for this price range although I probably wouldn't want to pay much more than this for a kettle with a plastic finish. In my kitchen the kettle is right next to the plug but there is room under the base for the excess power cable to be wrapped round which keeps it tidy - this is a bit fiddly to sort out but as you only have to do it once isn't really a problem.
Summary: Boils quickly, looks good
|Ease of use:|
More reviews in the field of Kettle
- A kettle to get you hot under the collar
- Russell Hobbs 15082 - Pretty but pretty painful.
- Attractive, reliable and illuminating too!
- Quaint, and does the job!
- My New Kettle - Tesco JK27
- Russell Hobbs Classic Corded Kettle - an old favourite.
- A small kettle with a small price tag
- Brilliant stylish kettle
- Good budget buy
- Don't waste your money!
- Tesco JKRWP12 Plastic Kettl
- Wilko Illuminated Kettle
- KitchenAid Pro Line Series Electric Kettle
- Russell Hobbs 18554 Brita Filter Kettle
- Morphy Richards 43776 Steel Pyramid
- Morphy Richards 43885
- Morphy Richards 43804 Accents
- Morphy Richards 43807 Accents
- Morphy Richards 43841 Metallik
- Panasonic NC_ZK1VXC Jug Kettle in Violet