Product Type: Apple keyboards
Newest Review: ... was a must for me and therefore it wins out over the similar wireless keyboard that Apple offers. Oh - and I should probably point out th... more
Elegant design but goods looks come at a price!
Member Name: ws72009
Date: 20/12/10, updated on 21/12/10 (13 review reads)
Advantages: Looks great, stays very clean
Disadvantages: uncomfortable to use after long usage
Hello all, here is some background information about me as a user before I give this review, I have been using Apple computers for the last 15 years, at home and in the office as a designer. I use the Apple keyboard approximately 8-10 hours a day.
Anodized aluminum enclosure
Extended layout with document navigation controls, a numeric keypad, and special function keys
Low profile keys
Two USB 2.0 ports
Connectivity Technology: Wired
Keyboard Description: QWERTY
Color Name: White
Form Factor: External
Input Device: Keyboard
Hardware Platform: Mac
Width: 7.3 inches
Depth: 1.4 inches
Height: 18.7 inches
Weight: 2 pounds
Minimum system requirements: Apple MacOS X 10.4.10
The keyboard is encased in a very stylish and light Anodized aluminum enclosure, with off white keys and dark grey text. It is very easy to see the letters and numbers on the keys, and I love how crumbs now end up falling onto the keyboard and not inside! keeps it looking very smart, hygienic and easy to clean.
The underside of the keyboard is also very nicely finished with white acrylic and a discrete Apple logo. There are also two USB ports hidden away at the bottom towards the back of the keyboard.
The keyboard sits very low to the desk and the keys are almost flush to the keyboard too, and here is where my problem is, its simply too easy to end up pressing the wrong keys, and after long usage I find my fingers start hurting. Maybe if you are using the keyboard casually it will be fine, but for long term use it really isn't very comfortable to use, the other problem, granted its a small problem but annoying all the same... the little light on the CAPS LOCK key is not very visible, sometimes I don't know if it is switched on or not.
Overall its a great looking keyboard, but not really been designed for long usage.
I will stop writing this review now because my fingers are hurting :-)
Summary: Looks great, works well enough, but can be awkward and painful after long usage
|Ease of use:|
|Variety of features:|
More reviews in the field of Keyboard
- Good Overall.
- Average keyboard
- plug in and go
- Budget keyboard
- Reliable wireless keyboard and mouse for a great price.
- Not suitable for any of us reviewers
- hp keyboard kb-0630
- Seems to be the go-to keyboard for my school
- My Mouse has no Tail (and neither does my Keyboard!)
- Microsoft Curve Business 2000 Keyboard....
- Corsair Vengeance K90 Performance MMO Mechanical Gaming
- Corsair Vengeance K60 Performance FPS Mechanical Gaming
- Maplin Wireless Keyboard with Smart Touchpad
- Keyboard Company KBC-PERI-703W Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Set
- Kensington KeyFolio Expert for Android & Windows 7 Tablet PCs
- Kensington KeyFolio Pro 2 Removable Keyboard, Case & Stand
- Kensington KeyFolio Expert Multi Angle Folio & Keyboard
- Lenovo ThinkPlus Enhanced Performance
- Lenovo Preferred Pro
- HP 5070-2536