Product Type: Avent kids equipment
Newest Review: ... and this seemed to be best deal I could get for it. Steriliser came with with a handy instruction booklet to ensure you place the sep... more
Ideal for a beginner
Avent Microwave Steriliser
Member Name: nteer09
Avent Microwave Steriliser
Advantages: Cheap and cheerful
Disadvantages: Not really for heavy usage
This was the first steriliser we bought when my first daughter was born. It cost £10 at the time from the Asda baby event-although they normally cost in the region of £20.
This steriliser can steam up to six Avent bottles at any one time. All you have to do is wash the bottles through, take them to pieces and place them in the spaces provided in the removable blue tray. Using one of the bottles, you fill it to the 80ml mark and place the lid back on, ensuring it has clipped on properly. You then need to microwave it for 2-6 minutes depending on your microwave wattage.
Microwaves with a wattage of 1100-1850 needs heating for 2 minutes, 850-1000 for 4 minutes or 500-800 for six minutes. It's as simple as that.
The bottles stay sterile for up to 24 hours, providing the lid is still in place.
I think this steriliser is easy to use, particularly for beginners. I don't think it's very good if you have a lot of bottles to wash as it obviously creates a lot of steam in your microwave, but as a start or for small amounts it's faultless.
The Philips Avent microwave steriliser comes with a 125ml durable bottle, newborn teat, measuring cup and tongs, which all fit neatly inside the steriliser when not in use.
I would recommend this steriliser as it is really affordable in comparison to the electric ones. It can also wash most other types of bottles, although they're obviously not as perfect a fit. If you're thinking of purchasing one of these, double check it actually fits in your microwave, as until my mother swapped with us, ours didn't. For anybody needing to check the measurements before purchasing they are:
H 27cm, W 16cm and D 27cm
The product also comes with a 2 year guarantee-though I doubt you'll need it!!
Summary: Better than you'd think
More reviews in the field of Nursing
- It's a Case of 'Flood or Famine' with this Cup!
- Tommee Tippee Baby Food Pots
- Tommee Tippee Roll 'n go bib - a good bib but room for improvement.
- The special baby seat
- Two more Thumbs up for Tommee Tippee
- Keep bottles warm
- Great for combination feeding
- A comfortable chair
- compact stackable and leakproof
- Rock 'n' roll, Baby
- Munchkin Click Lock Snack Catcher
- Brother Max Easy-Hold Snack Pot Bowl
- Brother Max 1st Stage Weaning Pots
- Brother Max 3 Easy-Hold Bowls
- Brother Max Easy-Hold Sippy Cup
- Lansinoh Manual Breast Pump
- Lansinoh Milk Storage Bags
- Lansinoh Milk Storage Bottles
- Heinz Baby Basics Weaning Set
- Heinz Baby Basics First Tumbler