Product Type: Avent kids equipment
Newest Review: ... the receipt in case the new mum needs to return it if she gets more than one. Avent always produce quality baby care items and this set i... more
These worked for me
Avent Newborn Starter Set
Member Name: Ninski1
Avent Newborn Starter Set
Advantages: Easy to use
Disadvantages: None in my opinion
When my baby was born my sister recommend the Avent range of bottles, she had used them with her children and had found them very good. So I bought a set that contained the following:
* 2 x Classic Feeding Bottles (125 ml) with Newborn Flow Teats
* 2 x Classic Feeding Bottles (260 ml) with Slow Flow Teats
* 2 x Newborn Flow Teats
* 1 x Bottle and Teat Brush
* x Philips AVENT Soother (0-3 Months)
I cannot quite remember the price, but it was around £15 and I got them from Boots (June 2010).
The bottles are extra durable, and are easy to assemble. There are no fiddle little bits that need cleaning. They basically comprise of a bottle, a teat, a lid and a rim, that the teat fits into, they are easy to clean, stand up to sterilising over and over and are shaped so that you are able to hold them comfortably and as your baby grows they are easy for them to grasp with their tiny hands.
The bottles are BPA Free and designed to promote a natural feeding rhythm; this allows your baby to control the follow of milk and also reduces colic. This is because a vacuum is formed, whatever the angle of the bottle, so the amount of air swallowed is reduced.
Teats come in 1, 2, 3 and 4 holes for when baby grows and flow requirement change and are all interchangeable.
I have been using these bottles for two years and have replaced them twice, this is because the steriliser I had over time slightly cracked the bottles, there was no leakage, but they looked bad and I thought they would probably be harbouring germs and bugs so I replaced them. As for the teats, I have replaced them only a few times due to loss and as flow requirements have changed. My son is now two years old and has a bottle of milk before bed and he is still using the stage two teat as he prefers it to the larger hole teats.
It is recommended that you do not over tighten the lids and that the bottles are not put in the microwave. I would put the bottle of milk in a hot jug of water to heat up and it would only take a few minutes.
Overall I would recommend these bottles, they are easy to clean and put together. I have never had any issues of leakage, apart from when the teat lid has not been screwed on correctly.
Summary: Easy to use and clean
More reviews in the field of Nursing
- Ikea Antilop Highchair - £15 for a highchair!
- Nice basic highchair does the job
- great steriliser - essential for baby
- Brilliant design to keep the rolls dry.
- Travel bottle and food warmer
- Eat Like A Pig
- My son the dribbler
- Soft and simple...
- Such a simple idea...
- Fun and easy but pricey baby food storage
- Obaby Cube Wooden Highchair
- Obaby Tiny Tatty Teddy Highchair
- Baby Bjorn High Chair
- Cosatto Umami Highchair
- Red Kite Feed Me Ultimo
- Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Easivent Variflow Teats
- Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Electric Breast Pump
- Tommee Tippee Closer To Nature Fastflow Easivent Teats
- Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Healthcare & Grooming Kit
- Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Medium Flow Teat