Product Type: Tommee Tippee kids equipment
Newest Review: ... around a child's neck in three varying sizes. The plastic means the Roll & Go is reusable and wipe clean, meaning less washing of f... more
An OK bib but not my favourite.
Tommee Tippee Roll n Go Bib
Member Name: catrocks03
Tommee Tippee Roll n Go Bib
Advantages: Good for travel, soft around babies neck
Disadvantages: Discolours easily, scoop goes flat quite quickly, doesnt secure very well
I bought this bib a few months ago, I only had two pelican bibs at the time and one had split. Money had been real tight and only went on food for a few months, finally when I had a few pounds to spare I picked this one up at Asda for around £2.
These bibs come in a variety of colours. At the time of buying the only colours on the shelf were pink and a dark green so I chose the green one.
The handy thing about this bib is as the name suggests you can roll it up so its ideal for travel and I do often pop it in my changing bag when there isn't much room to spare.
Another good thing is the material is much softer than the hard plastic types we are used to so is more comfortable round the babies neck.
I'm not sure if this is due to rolling it up or not but the scoop is quite flat. Many times Tylers food has missed his mouth but rather than being caught in the bib it's just dribbled down the front. This isnt ideal- I may aswell be using a flat bib when this happens.
Cleaning wise this stains worse than the hard Tommee Tippee bibs. I once had to rush lunch as we were due at a baby group and went out without washing up the bib, bowl and spoons. I did the washing up after dinner and found that even though throughly washed in hot water the bib had a discolouration on it. A couple of months and many washes later this bib still has discolouration making the bib look quite grubby.
The bib isnt exactly fiddly to secure round my sons neck but it comes off so easily, it just slips out with a simple tug so my son has been able to get this off. Once he was in a particuarly wriggly mood and it just slipped down of its own accord.
-Other things to point out
This bib is dishwasher safe.
It also is BPA free (doesnt contain the dangerous Bisphenol A)
Overall its a handy bib for travel but I can't say much else for it. I only use it if I cant fit my other bib in the changing bag or its drying with the washing up. Theres definitly room for improvement with this bib, I cant reccomend it.
They are listed out of stock (but £2) on Asdas website, they are also out of stock on Amazon so I do wonder if they are taking these out to improve them.
Summary: Opt for the tommee tippee hard pelican bib. This one has to many cons which outweighs the pros.
More reviews in the field of Nursing
- The only cup I use for my boy!
- Great value bibs
- Bumbo- A must have in my books!
- The best bottles on the market
- Lanisoh - not just for mums!
- A 'must-have' for anyone thinking of breast feeding.
- Basic - but then what more do you want from a bib...?
- Dr Brown's bottles - definitely the best bottles.
- Avent feeding bottles....avent stopped leaking!!!!
- Nibbling Net
- Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Breast & Bottle Feeding Teats fast flow
- NUK Soft Spout Extra Soft
- NUK First Choice Disney Mickey Mousse PP Learner Bottle with Silicone Spout
- NUK Disney Learner Bottle
- NUK Bottle Brush 2 in 1
- Dr Brown's 2 Standard Replacement Silicone Teats
- Avent Airflex Thicker Liquids Variable Flow Teat
- Avent Airflex Newborn Flow Teat
- Avent Airflex Fast Flow Teat
- Dr Brown's Hard-Spout Cup